Stihl 056 magnums any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabamatriker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found a guy with 6 056 mags. All will need repair. Didn't look too close. Are these desirable? I like the 041 but 051 is too much of a tank. Can get all 6 for 150. 5 look complete and 1 missing few parts. How do these stack up?

I found a guy with 6 056 mags. All will need repair. Didn't look too close. Are these desirable? I like the 041 but 051 is too much of a tank. Can get all 6 for 150. 5 look complete and 1 missing few parts. How do these stack up?
I'm not a Stihl guy. But if they are complete, I would buy them for that price.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

6 o56 mags for a buck fitty?

In a heartbeat.....

Never had a problem finding good used SEM coils for chainsaws, the problem with the SEM set on the Stihl 1115 series setups was finding SEM flywheels that were still good. Lots of them broke loose and ruined the taper mount.

Bosch flywheels were stronger, the coils were a pain to deal with.

Sawfun is correct about the ignitions. The 056 mag has its own specific ignition setup compared to the other 056 models and is very difficult to find. I wouldn't hesitate to buy those for that cheap. If you enjoy building saws, make one or two good runners and part out the rest. Could make you money back selling a good top end or some chain brake parts.

Back