2019 Husqvarna 395xp The Good The Bad The Ugly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d give Madsens a call out here in Washington state they have some pretty good deals on bar and chains. If you’re going to try to pull a 60” bar 185 driver chain plan on using a square chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank You Sir. I just down-loaded their catalog.

I run both in both applications they both make great falling, limbing, and bucking saws the big thing is how is the bar and the wood. If I’m in a patch of 60 year old Doug fir a 562 or 372 with a 32” bar will do the job with no problem it’ll be bar length or just a little larger then bar length wood plus it’s softer. Now take the same species that’s a large older second growth I could run the same bar on a 390 or a larger bar take a 36 or 42 or the 395 with a 36 or 42 morale is conditions are what dictate my decision of what to pack all day. How many of you guys have had to pack out two saws one with a 60” bar and a bucking saw with a 32” plus a set of jacks? I have it sucks using these saws for what they are actually made for really helps offset the weight. My personal feelings on a 395 is they shouldn’t be ran with anything shorter then 36.
96b4e6fda23aeaafa3e978ad66c0caec.jpg
e240856d45198cf87862d68fbd9fd26c.jpg

Both of these are second and you can see why you would need the extra power

Beautiful Doug Fir there. You running skip tooth on that 36" bar?

Nothing could come even close to me cutting with a 2100(99cc) with a 16” or 18” bar nothing. The so called wanna be partners went home crying. I took my speed cutting setup in the woods cutting firewood. Again there’s no replacement for displacement.
Big powerheads rock. Any wood cutter needs one big cc saw in there line up.

Nothing could come even close to me cutting with a 2100(99cc) with a 16” or 18” bar nothing. The so called wanna be partners went home crying. I took my speed cutting setup in the woods cutting firewood. Again there’s no replacement for displacement.
Big powerheads rock. Any wood cutter needs one big cc saw in there line up.

I agree that Big Powerheads rock, but we just cut 2 cords from an old log deck that was open to firewood cutting, mostly 12-16" wood, I had the 390XP with a 36" B&C along, as well as the 266XP with a 24" B&C, the 353 with a 16" B&C, and the 550XP with a 20" B&C ruled the day, didn't run anything else, they were simply the best tools for the job, and honestly, the 353 got by far the most run time.

Got some Nice White Fir mostly, that had probably been decked for over a year, most of it Stove Ready Now, all should be ready by winter:):):).

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE getting into a Big Log with the 3120XP, but that is mainly for milling, my 390XP, and eventual 395XP, will handle any firewood that we cut, no need to have the 3120XP getting bounced around in the back of the truck on Forest Circus roads, besides isn't 6 saws Enough for one day of wood cutting??, Dayum, Did I REALLY just say that??;):surprised3:

I Think that:

460 Rancher, (My "Truck Saw", always in the truck)

445 (The "Wife's Saw")

550XP

266XP

390XP

Are an "Ample" selection for Firewood cutting;):)

Doug :cheers:

In the beginning of my wood cutting I had slower cutting saws. They were clearing land for the new highway. It was slow getting wood. Then I upgraded to a husky 2100 & a 240sg husky. I really wanted the 480cd to go with the 2100 but I ran out of cash.
There was stories of piles of logs as big as ranch houses disappearing over night there. It was like a family of ants invaded the place at night. The wood was free. That 2100 started it all.

Nice trio of saws there. It all comes down to how fast you want to cut and how much you want to spend. What kind of deals on huskys are being offered right now? There is Stihl days so there has to be husky sales too? It might be the time to buy?

Nice trio of saws there. It all comes down to how fast you want to cut and how much you want to spend. What kind of deals on huskys are being offered right now? There is Stihl days so there has to be husky sales too? It might be the time to buy?

Most of the deals I’ve ever gotten have been OLC the Oregon Logging Conference or PLC Pacific Logging Conference which are a few dollars off. Most of the time the two dealers near me are pretty low to start with and it’s nice they both carry Husqvarna as well as Stihl.

Did you order the saw through a dealer? If you did, would hope he would let you swap out for the bigger bar and just charge you the difference.
Yes I did and I think I'm going to have to deal with their other store in the next county. I was told that this boy can't fix a sandwich let alone a saw.
I also bought a Husquvarna TS354 XD "Lawn Tractor" aka riding lawn mower, and asked will it be ready to mow when it arrived and I was told it will be ready to go. NOT!!! I had to grease EVERY THING, the bushing on the stearing is loose so if you go over a bump the stearing wheel rises up, and the front tires are not inline. Still waiting on my saw and he don't know if I could get the bigger bar or not. I spent a total of $5353 & some change.

Back