Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures as promised, this is after tear down and not cleaned.
2c18512fdd9f0a3030c0897895b83f70.jpg
54cfa8ceec566f1bfbae906a5d059a9e.jpg
8aa64b18800c7d7438a0888a0a381d7a.jpg
61bbe5dbaff1d5e784b38261cdd36bd2.jpg
0cc6b7be1b7aa8814948d3179bca360c.jpg

Steve

Not too dirty, should take about 30 minutes to clean up I think. Got to get some rubber up to seal off the ports to check for any leaks. I might just go ahead and replace the crank seals just to be on the safe side even if they don't leak, only $4.99 each and can have them the next day that I order them. Got to pull the starter apart and lube it up some, it's making that mighty dry sound. Starter pulley teeth look like new and the flywheel dogs don't show any wear. The bar adjuster screw still has paint on 90% of the threads. Bar looks the same way where it mounts to the saw, no paint scratches. You can actually say it's a low hour saw. Some one did replace the fuel lines once, carb kit was original, still had some over spray on a gasket. I'm really impressed with this one. Still had some old dino oil in the carb. Dought it ever saw etho gas. Sorry so long, just excited about it.

Steve

For got to add, unless I already have, the bow is original to the saw, factory curve cut in the case and clutch cover. I'll take the chain guard and try to fab up one for the lower side and make it longer. If it goes well, make another set for my other bow saw. This one has a 14" bow, other one I've got is 16".

Steve

Lol, yep. We did get all the bush hogging done. One section is next to a stream that run through the field, grass is dark green and thick. Well on the second go around with the mowers dropped down low, my brother got a baby fawn. We felt real bad, I hated seeing it. Not much we could do, could even see it with the grass as deep and thick as it was. Section is nothing but wet water springs.

Steve

68314BD9-4630-4641-8FE9-DA3516FDF367.jpeg I had a n older friend tell me he had an old saw he bought new in the mid to late seventies that he hasn’t used in years . He thought it was green . He said he would give it to me to get it out of his way. I didn’t want to get too excited but I did go right over to pick his trash up and get it out of his way . I haven’t had time to really look at it yet so I’m not sure which one it is . Good end to a not so good day !

Easy $.

He was doing yard work today and it wouldnt start, so he dropped it off this morning.
I gave him a strato version loaner to use to do his limbing in the yard that I cant sell for $50 local with new carb and new oiler. Nice older guy that served too. So no problem helping him out.

His a P 2550 spring AV. Basically a green PP260 with hand guard instead of chain brake cover.

Carb kit, carb primer lines, duck bill for cap.

DSCF2151.JPG DSCF2149.JPG

View attachment 739508 I had a n older friend tell me he had an old saw he bought new in the mid to late seventies that he hasn’t used in years . He thought it was green . He said he would give it to me to get it out of his way. I didn’t want to get too excited but I did go right over to pick his trash up and get it out of his way . I haven’t had time to really look at it yet so I’m not sure which one it is . Good end to a not so good day !
Nice Big bow saw, real nice.

Steve

Lawrence (Petesoldsaws) has a great Pioneer thread, and I hope to start a Poulan thread. I think there's enough of us out here who enjoy these fine specimens. So lets start a Poulan thread!!! To get things rolling, I want to talk about the 8500 countervibe. The long and the short of it is I want one. Never seen one (outside the 1986 catalogue I have), don't know who has one, or even run one. Gregg, Mark,Mike and Bob, lets get the ball rolling. (Lawrence and Jerry, we want your input too) Old Poulan owners UNITE!!!!

So, an old friend of mine gave me my first gas chainsaw which is a poulan 2450 “superclean”

Ive wanted to buy a husky rancher for years and years but havent dropped the coin. I figured this would be a decent work saw that could do some specific jobs in the wood lot.

I cleaned it up and fired it up, well the chain ran at full speed without even touching the throttle.

So i killed it and figured id take it down to a professional since im very inexperienced.

Thought id check here real quick for some advice.

Ill be picking up a used dolmar 5150 from a guy in a few weeks but still would like to get the paulan going for certain jobs...

Thanks for any advice or help!

So, an old friend of mine gave me my first gas chainsaw which is a poulan 2450 “superclean”

Ive wanted to buy a husky rancher for years and years but havent dropped the coin. I figured this would be a decent work saw that could do some specific jobs in the wood lot.

I cleaned it up and fired it up, well the chain ran at full speed without even touching the throttle.

So i killed it and figured id take it down to a professional since im very inexperienced.

Thought id check here real quick for some advice.

Ill be picking up a used dolmar 5150 from a guy in a few weeks but still would like to get the paulan going for certain jobs...

Thanks for any advice or help!
Your idle screw needs adjusted counter clockwise until chain stops moving at idle. Check out page 13 of link for adjustment: http://www.klippo.com/ddoc/pouo/pouo2009_euen/pouo2009_euen__545123540.pdf

Back