MS 361 improvements

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do a base gasket delete.you have effectively also advanced the timing and bumped compression probably the easiest mod to do if your squish comes out fine..I did a 361 last year.i believe it was 0.018 that's using three bond 1194.
I also added a extra opening in the opposite side of the muffler and added a screen.saw ran good very responsive throttle.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post is now moot until he checks his actual squish. Check in several spots around
the top.

Anybody remember Lakeside53/Andy?

He knew more than most anybody here. Old AS members miss him.

Might be worth a look at the muf mod.
It was a tubing welded/brazed into the muffler that accepted a stihl blower spark arrestor. Could be directed at any direction. No need to split the muffler, gut the baffle from inlet side.

Too bad all those old pictures got trashed.....

I remember Lakeside Andy, he was a fine gentleman and very knowledgeable on saws, especially Stihl. Some of his threads were very educational, especially one on 056 models. I did the Lakeside muffler mod on my 361. It's still a good saw!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you widen that exhaust any amount that would make a difference, you’ll have to lose the bottom ring. The ring pin is right there.

It will run fine with the single top ring.

Latest posts

Back