How's my tune?, spark plug pics attached

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick060200

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
saw is a echo cs355t. I bought a cheap wired tach of ebay. hooked it up and started tuning after i had completely messed up my H and L screws.
manufacture calls for a 2800 rpm idle and 13.5-14.5k rpm at WOT. got the tach to read about 12k-13k after tuning, and the saw feels good and sounds good but the spark plug seems like it's a little hot. what do you think of these pics? i cut the saw off while in a cut and immediately took it out and took these pics.20190606_124000.jpg 20190606_124009.jpg

Those pics aren't going to help you. That's not the part of the plug you have to "read". You need to learn to tune by ear.
I just richend it up about a half turn and dropped the rpms close to 1k, i did the same test by cutting it off in the cut at WOT. your right the plug looks the same on the tip but i noticed it was wet around the side. it felt like it was bogging in the cut. So should i trust the tach and get the rpms to that 13k mark and listen for that bit of a gurgle?

Back