MS 362 dies when I let off the throttle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullblast

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all.

I purchased a used Ms362 carbureted, off of this site a few months ago.

It has never ran right since I've had it. It will start up and cut through small wood, but soon as i let off the throttle it dies, every time.

If I cut into big wood, it bogs really bad and never has full power, then dies again soon as i let off the gas.

It will start and idle though, after like 6 pulls.

What might be the problem? Think it needs a new carburetor?

I played with it a few times, always seemed to do the same thing and even made it worse.

I appreciate it. I will fool with it when i get home. I really would like to avoid a $200 repair bill and a month turnaround.

If mine, after trying the tuneup methods from Harley's excellent link, I would get a carb rebuild kit and go through the carburetor. My bet is that gets things back running. If it doesn't, then a vacuum test for leaks. Pretty inexpensive to do a carb rebuild. Even purchasing everything needed to do vac tests is under $75 and well worth the investment to have on hand when you own chainsaws and don't want your saw in the shop for prolonged periods.

So the assumption is that everything is in good shape. All it takes is a cracked fuel or pulse line, or a bad gasket, or the coil set too far away from the flywheel, or bad fuel and so on, and all our guesses are made worthless. Diagnosing from a couple sentences is tougher than it looks. Harley's pretty good at it though.

Latest posts

Back