husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbqmannn

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a new h/350 for firewood cutting . got 2 extra chains bar cover free shipping to San Antonio , i am looking forward to using itwhen i get home from IRAQ ... anyone know if i can mod the muffler to get a bit more umph out of it? thank you guy's for the site it is chock full of info ... Ron..

Just ordered a new h/350 for firewood cutting . got 2 extra chains bar cover free shipping to San Antonio , i am looking forward to using itwhen i get home from IRAQ ... Ron..

SALUTE to you soldier!
Be safe and best wishes. I've got a 350 that I use as a clean up saw and I like it. I think someone mentioned running a modded 350 recently - maybe they will chime in.

Best!
dave

Just ordered a new h/350 for firewood cutting . got 2 extra chains bar cover free shipping to San Antonio , i am looking forward to using itwhen i get home from IRAQ ... anyone know if i can mod the muffler to get a bit more umph out of it? thank you guy's for the site it is chock full of info ... Ron..

HEH, HEH, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHEEEE, HEH, HEH.................

They really don't need a muffler mod, it helps a bit, but BOY DO THEY LIKE A MILD PORT JOB, with a muffler mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SALUTE to you soldier!
Be safe and best wishes. I've got a 350 that I use as a clean up saw and I like it. I think someone mentioned running a modded 350 recently - maybe they will chime in.

Best!
dave

HEH, HEH, HEEEEE HEEEEEEEE HEH...............

hmmm take the muff out and touch up the corners ... i will try that thak you sir

To do it right, pull the cylinder and widden everything, then grind it down smoooooooth!!! On my redneck modded Huskies, I drilled a bunch of 1/8' holes in the muffler, but there are a lot of ways to modd the muffler.
It's cake on thoses saws to pull and reinstall the cylinder, don't be scared of that at all, I did the 350 half drunk on a Saturday night/Sunday moring!! Get a dremel, or a small diegrinder, and have at it man!!!

350 is a nice little saw, I have one myself. Good power and light.

Stay safe over there.

I've got a 350 and a J-Red 2150 (same saw). I like them a lot. They'll handle most of my firewood, are easy on fuel and light. A perfect choice for a firewood saw, BBQ.

Hey Redneck, any pictures of what you did to your 350? I'm into my Husky for $100 and woudn't mind screwing around with it. Sounds like fun and any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

Jim

I've got a 350 and a J-Red 2150 (same saw). I like them a lot. They'll handle most of my firewood, are easy on fuel and light. A perfect choice for a firewood saw, BBQ.

Hey Redneck, any pictures of what you did to your 350? I'm into my Husky for $100 and woudn't mind screwing around with it. Sounds like fun and any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

Jim

Thread with the 350 mod:http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=45489

Thread with the mods to my 346, same mods, the pics aren't that good, but you get the idea:http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=40236

The Husky 350 probably is the very best "consumer" category chainsaw out there. :cheers:

At this point, it is pretty much the same saw as the 353, but without the Mag crank-case, and clip-off top cover.

Last edited:
had an early model h/36 that was a good saw till iit got stole . used it to cut mesquite ,pecan . oak for my 12' trailered bbq pit .. now i have a 625 that i had ring put in , need a top cover/airfilter and a bar so little by little i got the chainsaw fever ... i like the old sears powersharp/barracuda type saws thay are cool lookin old timers.. i think if i take care maintain it the 350 will last me like my 36 did 10 years .. thanks to all that chimed in .. from beautiful moraritavill IRAQ ... hasta luego...

Latest posts

Back