Tornado cleanup - Dayton, OH - MS500i - MS462C (Gutted and Not)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20 tornadoes went through Ohio on Memorial Day night, with most of those being in the Dayton area 25 miles north of my place. One of them was rated an EF4. I went up last Saturday and then again today to help with cleanup.

Today was a bit more relaxed, so I was able to get quite a lot of comparisons back and forth between the MS500i and the two MS462C that I have here. The one 462 has gutted stratos, the other does not. The 500i is the torquiest and has no trouble pulling a 36" B&C. The 462C have very similar power and have the edge in RPMs. One was wearing a 24" B&C and the other a 28". By the time I get towards the end of today's video, the chains are needing a little work. Take it for what it is, and enjoy the show.

Here's the work from last Saturday.

This is from last Saturday as well. Both chains needed a little work. Again, just take it for what it's worth.

20 tornadoes went through Ohio on Memorial Day night, with most of those being in the Dayton area 25 miles north of my place. One of them was rated an EF4. I went up last Saturday and then again today to help with cleanup.

Today was a bit more relaxed, so I was able to get quite a lot of comparisons back and forth between the MS500i and the two MS462C that I have here. The one 462 has gutted stratos, the other does not. The 500i is the torquiest and has no trouble pulling a 36" B&C. The 462C have very similar power and have the edge in RPMs. One was wearing a 24" B&C and the other a 28". By the time I get towards the end of today's video, the chains are needing a little work. Take it for what it is, and enjoy the show.

This is from last Saturday as well. Both chains needed a little work. Again, just take it for what it's worth.

Nice job, Brad.

I wonder if the stock 500i would pull a 36" as well w/o too much trouble

Great videos there Brad thanks for sharing looking very busy at yours my friend

Brad nice to see somebody helping out.

Where is the waste wood going to?

Seems a lot of poor souls would take some of that stuff for next winter.

I know some can't cut it up, but some just can't transport/afford it. Sometimes it's closer than dumping it. Same with chips.

Back