I have some Dead Ash tree to cut.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

560Dennis

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Is this the right section to post a thread.
I live in northeast Ohio. I just move into this house and I need to clean (cut) down maybe a dozen.
They are about 8 to 12 inches in diameter.
Here’s a photo of the front of the property’s, I have five here.
I can’t drop them into the road cause they will hit power lines . I think the best direction is across the drive.
But I don’t want to crack the concrete. How could I Cushing the fall ?
Well any advice ,would be great. It to late after they fall so I will ask questions.
Thanks

Attachments

• 7DB238BA-3FB6-4312-9DAF-2E3C52F176DD.jpeg
    7DB238BA-3FB6-4312-9DAF-2E3C52F176DD.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
It would likely be very cheap to have somebody with a bucket blast the tops out of those for you and be on their merry way.

If you are intent on doing them yourself, what is on the other side of that silver car. Looks like 3 of them 'should' go that way easily. (I say "should" because dead ash doesn't always behave like every other tree. It gets brittle and sometimes the hinge doesn't work as well as I've expected it too...).

It would likely be very cheap to have somebody with a bucket blast the tops out of those for you and be on their merry way.

If you are intent on doing them yourself, what is on the other side of that silver car. Looks like 3 of them 'should' go that way easily. (I say "should" because dead ash doesn't always behave like every other tree. It gets brittle and sometimes the hinge doesn't work as well as I've expected it too...).
Unfortunately the garage ! Ugh ,!

Park both vehicles in the driveway...they should provide plenty of cushion for the trees to prevent breaking the concrete. Honestly, I don't think they are big enough to hurt that concrete, be careful as stated above they will be brittle.

Back