Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrounged up this load of silver maple extremely local so fuel cost were low. Lowered further by saw choice.
8b3d8f8d09126eba5c043f74f31c7468.jpg
cc7b5c0be682789369e2b6bb06ffb3d5.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

The 590 was 4stroking under basically a full load.....[emoji848]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Not sure what that was. It only did it when I caught the noodled piece with the starter cover. Must have been enough to unload the saw. I could turn it up and try again just a firewood tune.

Saw that one and it looked a little soft. Open tube on the end made me a little leary.
Here's one.
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/grd/d/tyro-awesome-skid-steer-wood-splitter/6878819056.html
This one is a great price for the unit if it's still available, but it's a standard not a skid style.
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/grd/d/tyro-awesome-skid-steer-wood-splitter/6878819056.html

One tip, not everyone knows splitter is spelled with two "L's" so search spliter as well as splitter. I find quite a few this way and you usually have more time to respond before someone else who doesn't know how to spell spitter comes along looking for one lol.

Here's one.
This one is a great price for the unit if it's still available, but it's a standard not a skid style.

One tip, not everyone knows splitter is spelled with two "L's" so search spliter as well as splitter. I find quite a few this way and you usually have more time to respond before someone else who doesn't know how to spell spitter comes along looking for one lol.
You mean 2 T’s? lol

Decided to weigh one of the bigger tamarack roundsView attachment 740322no wonder my back hurts, lol.
Think I’ll stick to spruce or lodge pole next time.

I've done that.

3rd Oct 3.jpg

Flipping is one thing, lifting the whole lot of kg's is another.

That ones got 12k on it. He was driving one of the honda CRZ hybrids but found out his girlfriend is pregnant so truck it is.

Hang on a sec ... your brother-in-law's girlfriend is pregnant? Is everyone ok with that :surprised3:?

I haven't scrounged the last little while, other than for fish (did you miss me?). Had a few days down on the coast. Nothing much happening in the estuary, hit the surf instead for some Australian Salmon aka Car-Whys for the New Zealanders. Caught nine yesterday and six the day before. Gave a few away because they're not much good for freezing but filleted, trimmed and beer battered, they're good eatin'.

10th Jun 1.jpg
:)

I've done that.

View attachment 740692

Hang on a sec ... your brother-in-law's girlfriend is pregnant? Is everyone ok with that :surprised3:?

I haven't scrounged the last little while, other than for fish (did you miss me?). Had a few days down on the coast. Nothing much happening in the estuary, hit the surf instead for some Australian Salmon aka Car-Whys for the New Zealanders. Caught nine yesterday and six the day before. Gave a few away because they're not much good for freezing but filleted, trimmed and beer battered, they're good eatin'.

View attachment 740690
Its not mine so I dont care.

Winter arrived this wet weekend. That means shed time, to experiment with the 6000 ideas in my head. Here's my first crack at inlay dovetails. Pretty crappy quality but gotta start somewhere. By the time the lumber I milled from whole lotta Rosie and blonde ambition a few months back is dry, in another year, I might be able to perfect these dovetails. Red and white will make a nice contrast.

Meantime I'll keep practicing with three sacks full of native timber offcuts given to me years ago. This one is matai wood with kahikatea wood inlays.

IMG_20190610_214806.jpg

Winter arrived this wet weekend. That means shed time, to experiment with the 6000 ideas in my head. Here's my first crack at inlay dovetails. Pretty crappy quality but gotta start somewhere. By the time the lumber I milled from whole lotta Rosie and blonde ambition a few months back is dry, in another year, I might be able to perfect these dovetails. Red and white will make a nice contrast.

Meantime I'll keep practicing with three sacks full of native timber offcuts given to me years ago. This one is matai wood with kahikatea wood inlays.

View attachment 740693
Nice work.
Look forward to seeing the final production model, the prototype looks great.

I've done that.

View attachment 740692

View attachment 740690
Now I'm gonna have to go fishing tonight, I'm blaming it on the internet, spelled with two t's :laugh:.

This is my new building I'm putting on the farm. Gonna be the bunk house. It's 12'X40'. I'm putting electric baseboard heat in, but, have been thinking of putting a small stove in. Years ago I had a nice little Timberline. Something I could put a pot of stew on in the cast iron dutch oven. Don't want something that is going to run every one out. What do you think about a stove? It's getting delivered Friday.
WAvF5fa.jpg

kpaqFKh.jpg

Back