Saw Sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it just me or did saw sales drop off the face of the earth this past week? I was selling every one I posted within hours on FB and now I have nothing but people requesting shipping quotes and not even reading my response.

I have a nice pickup ladder/lumber rack for sale locally for 1/3 price of new and haven't even had a sniff.

it’s a roller coaster ride with sellers, buyers and sales. I haven’t sold anything I posted. I get a few bites then nothing. Maybe it’s careful buyers. To commit or not to commit that’s the question.

The bottom line is if I see something for sale that I’m looking for I better grab it now or probably won’t see another one.

The sale of houses is just picking up here.

We been having colder, rainy weather in the northeast this spring. With just a few days so far with sunny warm weather. I think the rainy weather puts the kabash on spending.

I have sold stuff in hours and stuff that will take a year to sell. The trick is to be willing to wait for the rite buyer.

Yup and plenty of stuff that I figured would sell quick but didn't and plenty that I figured would stick around for a while and said within hours.

Firewood bundles seem to sell odd at times. Can sometimes go a week or two with selling just a couple dozen, and then out of the blue sell a few hundred in a couple days. No real rhyme or reason. Been selling them 4 years now and it's been like that all the time.

I have learned to not expect a slow time... aka don't plan to have time for anything. May I was pretty much out of orders and just starting to work on "slow time" stuff. Had hoped to knock out some of that and then knock out some projects. And heck, maybe even just do nothing for a few days!
It sure felt really odd not having the pressure - had been going since August pretty much non-stop. For a while I was 2 months behind on orders.

Well... fast forward a few weeks and I'm already booked out almost 2 weeks on orders.

Man I tell you, I have sold a lot of stuff over the years, and the 2 items that stand out were motorcycles. The first one was a KTM exc450 that I bought new, and I had rode it very little and it looked new. Less than 5 minutes a guy called and then showed up in less than 30 minutes with cash in hand. He didn’t even try to Jew me down, just paid and took it.
The second one was a Kawasaki 900, like new with several extras at a smoking price. I didn’t get a single call for like 2 months, and then I finally got one. It was a guy that had one like mine listed,and was wondering if I had gotten any calls. Lol
The next day I had 2 guys show up, one guy gave me a stupid low ball offer and I told him it would rust to the ground before I took his offer. I told him that there was another guy that said he was getting his money together, and if he wanted it he better buy it. The next day the other guy showed up with cash and took it home. 2 days later the first guy called and asked if I was ready to take his low ball offer, and I told him that it had found a new home for my asking price. I said sorry you should have bought it when you had a chance. Lol

Can anyone tell me which one this is? No stamping on crank case but kfg..no plate on cover..no stamping under cover..I'm baffled
If you start your own thread you will get a lot more help.

Everything else is going up in price on an almost daily basis,
so people are worried, they won't spend because they could
need the money for their daily needs.

Stihl MS400 went up by 290.00 euro in a few months here,
it is now 1290.00 euro, 18 months ago it was 920.00 euro.

Back