• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Homelite Super XL AO "Old Blue"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldebondo

Reaction score
Rebuilt carb. Runs good. Bought from original owner. Just downsizing - want to make room for a newer saw. I am hoping you gotta have it. Make me an offer or ask me any questions. I live in Longmont, CO.

IMG_20170506_112435.jpg IMG_20170506_112551.jpg IMG_20170506_112557.jpg

Welcome to AS!

The saw looks okay from the few pictures you posted. Usually it is easier to get people interested in your item for sale if you have a price attached to it. Just a general idea. You can still say "make an offer", but are you hoping to get $30 or $300? We don't know where your head is at and don't want to offend, so we aren't offering. Or nobody actually wants it! Lol.

GLWS

Ed

Welcome to AS!

The saw looks okay from the few pictures you posted. Usually it is easier to get people interested in your item for sale if you have a price attached to it. Just a general idea. You can still say "make an offer", but are you hoping to get $30 or $300? We don't know where your head is at and don't want to offend, so we aren't offering. Or nobody actually wants it! Lol.

GLWS

Ed
Its on Denver craigslist for 375.00

Super clean saw! You could almost say mint! Have seen other saws on here listed as mint and not near this clean.

I got same saw as this that my Grandpa ran for years, still runs!

I would maybe give $100 for it, but that's me. Not a terribly rare saw, few million still out there

Wish one of the Homey guys would chime in. I've never seen a Super XL in blue. Would be curious as approximately how many were built in this color scheme. I too have a couple blue XL's but no Supers.
Blue and White Super XL's were built from 1967-1974, prior to that from 1965-1967 the saw was badged as the XL Automatic and was Red, Green, and White. In 1975 they became Red and Black. There were also two special production runs, one in the late 80s and one in the mid 90s called the Super XL Special Edition and Old Blue that were Blue saws. I believe the Super XL's last date of production was in the late 1990's

Yes I had the old blue anniversary model from the 90's. I understand his saw is 20-30 years older and not called "Old Blue". Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Another Homey question your way by PM so as not to clog his sale thread.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Blue and White Super XL's were built from 1967-1974, prior to that from 1965-1967 the saw was badged as the XL Automatic and was Red, Green, and White. In 1975 they became Red and Black. There were also two special production runs, one in the late 80s and one in the mid 90s called the Super XL Special Edition and Old Blue that were Blue saws. I believe the Super XL's last date of production was in the late 1990's

Very good information on the SXL's. I've been running them for 40 years and they are bulletproof. In 1974, they made both blue and red saws. The serial number on the OP's saw makes it difficult to date. Circa 1970 I would guess.

Very good information on the SXL's. I've been running them for 40 years and they are bulletproof. In 1974, they made both blue and red saws. The serial number on the OP's saw makes it difficult to date. Circa 1970 I would guess.
The saw was made October 13th 1972, that was a leap year, possible they made both colors in 1974, they had to switch over sometime. I have 43 old Homelites from 1965-1985, ther Super XL automatic, two blue, one red, and 3 tri color XL Automatics, but I just started collecting two years ago.

The saw was made October 13th 1972, that was a leap year, possible they made both colors in 1974, they had to switch over sometime. I have 43 old Homelites from 1965-1985, ther Super XL automatic, two blue, one red, and 3 tri color XL Automatics, but I just started collecting two years ago.

Good observation. I didn't count the digits and thought it was pre-72. I have owned red and blue SXL's from 1974. I love the old Homies. My dad was a dealer in the 1970's. I have an inventory of old parts, manuals, etc.

There was one around here a while back for 275 that still had paint on the bar it was that clean. In blue. I wish I would have grabbed it, but I was hot on something else at the time .

Back