Scored a 034 super project..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Scored this 034 super from a buddy at work.. said he brother was running it last when it ran out if gas and wouldn't start back up. Quick peak at the Piston and I knew it was a little more than "running out of gas"..

Don't know much about these 034's but I figure I'll get it cleaned up and slap a new p/c in her and find out.
476d5d75875814200c532fbada7c1e96.jpg
aaaee37e0ca434bdc9aec77371257f39.jpg
aba6a49c2d11eb5d1e2854ba1628429c.jpg

Thread might be better in the chainsaw forum?

I'd see if the cylinder might clean up. Most of that could be aluminum transfer. If not I'd look for a good used 034S or 036 cylinder then get a OEM or meteor piston.

You'd be surprised what cleans up with a little effort.

Saw is pretty filthy. It's better to do some clean up as you take it apart so grunge does not end up in bottom end.

said he brother was running it last when it ran out of straight gas
Fixed it for ya. The cylinder looks pretty rough. You never know until you try though. I have a good used regular 034 OEM piston and cylinder if it doesn't clean up and you want to fix it on the cheap. Either way good luck.

Yeah.. straight gas is more like it for sure.

Your right Professor, a cleaning is definitely in order.. I removed the Piston and put the cylinder back on until I get it cleaned up. I was in a bit of a hurry to look at it before work.

I'll see how the cylinder takes a clean up.. if not I'll be looking for a decent used oem one.

Not sure how I got this in the nursery section, can a mod move it to to the chainsaw forum for me?

Here are pictures of an 036 I got for free. Straight gassed I think.

The piston was trash, but the cylinder cleaned up nicely. I put a new stihl piston in it and R + Red all the rubber parts/seals/carb.

There is a thread on the rebuild (2009)
cyl ex side.jpg piston.jpg Roxy the Cat says its junk.jpg

Back