Stihl ms 660 real or fake ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I saw it when I looked back. Looks like CPT is unique to this bootlegger. Does good work to fool this bunch here.
It's a pig with lipstick... Underneath it is still a PIG!

This is a common tactic with the bootleggers... They'll put genuine OEM external cosmetic covers on a clone Chinese saw. The other give-away is the sticker on the front of the crankcase, which if genuine, should have been a part number/model number/serial number label. At least that is the way it is in the States.

Total fake i could spout a bunch of stihl policies. Blah blah Blah
But as with anything on the internets if it seems to good it is to be true it is.

Yah, ya gotta go back. To the dealer. For everything...
My closest “ dealer “ is 45 minutes away, haven’t been there in yrs. I’m not really that brand specific, but I do have my favorites. My big Saw is an old 064, firewood saw is a 350 Husky, top handle Saw is a MS 200t. There are many others, but these are my go to saws. All saws matter!:)

My closest “ dealer “ is 45 minutes away, haven’t been there in yrs. I’m not really that brand specific, but I do have my favorites. My big Saw is an old 064, firewood saw is a 350 Husky, top handle Saw is a MS 200t. There are many others, but these are my go to saws. All saws matter!:)
I will work on any of them. I buy Husky parts at the Husky dealer too, but only because he hooks me up with a steady stream of projects. Last haul was three MS362s.

so what hope is there for the normal regular "saw 5 cord of wood per year guy"when he see's a listing like this? There is no way the average guy would know that his saw was a fake. Good catch on the spark plug make.

so what hope is there for the normal regular "saw 5 cord of wood per year guy"when he see's a listing like this? There is no way the average guy would know that his saw was a fake. Good catch on the spark plug make.
No hope. There's people out there buying clones KNOWING what they're buying:laugh:

Latest posts

Back