Best saw to pull a 40"+/- bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The larges I ever see in 395, was 46. No way will take a 60 bar.
You can come back here and try other BS but if you don't have a proof don't even try.
Post a video and prove I'm wrong.

You’re Wrong, regardless whether you’ve seen it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Hell back then I was only like 105 110 lbs I’d bet the combo was almost half my weight.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell back then I was only like 105 110 lbs I’d bet the combo was almost half my weight.[emoji23]

I was thinking a buck 20 soaking wet!!

My 50” weighs 12.7 lbs, so I’d wager that 60” Cannon to be at least 16lbs.

Yours was 40 lbs at least, PH, Bar, Chain, & Oil.

How long did the AVs & the bar studs last?

I know the 88 with the 50” is more than I want every day!!

And what’s up with someone saying you’re FOS if you don’t have a video; this isn’t facebooks.

Prove it.
Do you own one?

Prove It?

I don’t have to prove anything: this isn’t Mrs. Smith’s Kindergarten class.

What’s funny is you think somehow you saying “prove it” does anything other than make you “feel” something.

Skeans has been around long enough & shared enough that his word is good with me.

Your Silly Ass on the other hand...

I think you could suck a Bowling ball thru a garden hose: you can’t? Prove It.

I was thinking a buck 20 soaking wet!!

My 50” weighs 12.7 lbs, so I’d wager that 60” Cannon to be at least 16lbs.

Yours was 40 lbs at least, PH, Bar, Chain, & Oil.

How long did the AVs & the bar studs last?

I know the 88 with the 50” is more than I want every day!!

And what’s up with someone saying you’re FOS if you don’t have a video; this isn’t facebooks.

It’s not an everyday deal it comes out for the right place or the right tool for job situation, the fir was a special order sailing mast if it broke there goes some really good money fast. The cedar was a property line on two sides so it had to go up that hole we had a jack in the back with every wedge I could find to get her over.
So far the av and studs have lasted in the couple dozen days it’s been used and I’d say it’s more of what my back can take.

It’s not an everyday deal it comes out for the right place or the right tool for job situation, the fir was a special order sailing mast if it broke there goes some really good money fast. The cedar was a property line on two sides so it had to go up that hole we had a jack in the back with every wedge I could find to get her over.
So far the av and studs have lasted in the couple dozen days it’s been used and I’d say it’s more of what my back can take.

What I’d give to work something like that. The largest softwood I’ve dealt with is ~37” dbh.

All of my bigger trees are Hardwood.

Sure.

Good morning all. I cut trees for a living and I'm getting into the larger diameter trees where I think I need a bigger saw. I am looking at a job now with a tree that is 70" in diameter at the waist so it's more like 80"+ down to the stump. I'm thinking I would want something around a 40” bar to tackle it. Just thinking it might be a bit much for my 064 ol girl. Any recommendations?

With gratitude,
Xander

I apologize for my part in this Charlie Foxtrot.

A 395 is probably your best choice & I don’t Husqvarna.

Stock saw or modded in some way?

Modified there’s a shop across the river from me that use to build some really nice running setups they did some 395’s up like this one for the purpose and some nasty running 390/385’s then the 372’s they did just flat out moved for cutting red alder with 32/36” bars. One thing I will also add most of the guys out here run square chains which does make a difference in how they cut as well.

Coming from hardwood country i'd recommend saws with rubber mounts against av springs like 395xp and 3120xp?
But for the price of new saw you cant beat dave's 3120xp
I'd pick ported 660,084 if cost is an issue. For the price of new 880 you might as well get cs1201 that can be had shipped with the same price.

Coming from hardwood country i'd recommend saws with rubber mounts against av springs like 395xp and 3120xp?
I'd pick ported 660,084 if cost is an issue. For the price of new 880 you might as well get cs1201 that can be had shipped with the same price.

Can I ask why you’d say rubber mount vs spring?

I wholeheartedly agree on the 880 vs 1201 discussion as you already know PV.

01717b677ffb5c629ec278a89fad626f.jpg

Lots of good choices, all comes down to $$ and what you like, really love that 1201 Heath. Never ran one but all you hear is great about them.

So... We all agree the 395 is a good choice. A damn fine choice that may not be around much longer. By the way, I’ve run a 50 on the company 395, and don’t have a video either. It usually wears either a 3 footer or a 42.

It’s also worth noting... Most pros are more interested in production than proving things on the internet. I’m typing this on my smartphone, in my spare time. To prove that I am, I’ve attached a picture of what my view is currently. When I’m felling, taking a photo is the last thing on my mind. I want to finish the job, go home and see my wife and dogs. I’ll talk about what I do in my free time but when it’s time to work it’s time to work and that’s the end of it.

Attachments

• 13F7ABC0-5ADB-4B3C-AF3E-AB37E95887A9.jpeg
    13F7ABC0-5ADB-4B3C-AF3E-AB37E95887A9.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
Prove It?

I don’t have to prove anything: this isn’t Mrs. Smith’s Kindergarten class.

What’s funny is you think somehow you saying “prove it” does anything other than make you “feel” something.

Skeans has been around long enough & shared enough that his word is good with me.

Your Silly Ass on the other hand...

I think you could suck a Bowling ball thru a garden hose: you can’t? Prove It.

MT talk....
You don't answer my question, do you own one? (395)

MT talk....
You don't answer my question, do you own one? (395)

Jumpinjahousafats, get over it, Skeans and Hsell are each well respected here on AS, but YOUR standing and credibility are being questioned more and more with every post like this you put up.

Are you still in the Third Grade, or just Mentally stuck there?:confused:

I for one, APPRECIATE all that Skeans (and Others) have, and continue to contribute to this forum, I have learned from him (and Others) and found many posts Interesting, even if I didn't get any Practical Application from EVERY post.:clap:

I have seen on other, unrelated forums, Professionals get fed up with EXACTLY this kind of NONSENSE, while the forum loses valuable Knowledge and insights, because there were IDIOTS with Little Penis syndrome challenging Dayum near everything they say, I would HATE to see that happen here on AS.:(

To Skeans, Hsell, Catbuster, Westboast Faller, and others that I should mention, and haven't, THANK YOU, your Knowledge, Insights and Contributions here ARE Appreciated by MANY, Thank You, Again.

Gugi 47, GET a LIFE :buttkick:

Doug :cheers:

Back