Should clients pay without a bill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
once you are finished you are "complete". so in effect he writes after completion unless I am missing something.

I may have lost track of context here. But at least in my contract, it says due "upon" completion because it denotes payment is due right then and there whenever possible, not just any day "after". It's partly to clarify why the $50 late fee kicks into gear 15 days following if someone happens to delay that long.

In 30 years, I think only 3 people have paid a late fee. They were all regular customers who lost track of paper work and ended up paying like 30 days after the work was done. When 15 days nears, I've always given a call as a heads-up too, so the late fee seems fair for the small extra hassle.

So that tells me it is due in 15 days, not here and now...

Only for people who do not read English.

Most people I work for read English, and write checks the same day before I leave the work site. Exceptions are provided for people who may not be home, and they are informed of the extension. A few like the couple I worked for yesterday, paid as the work was beginning.

Only for people who do not read English. They would understand it's due upon completion, and delinquent 15 days later.

Most people I work for read English, and write checks the same day before I leave the work site. Exceptions are provided for people who may not be home, and they are informed of the extension. A few like the couple I worked for yesterday, paid as the work was beginning.

Back