Best saw to pull a 40"+/- bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jumpinjahousafats, get over it, Skeans and Hsell are each well respected here on AS, but YOUR standing and credibility are being questioned more and more with every post like this you put up.

Are you still in the Third Grade, or just Mentally stuck there?:confused:

I for one, APPRECIATE all that Skeans (and Others) have, and continue to contribute to this forum, I have learned from him (and Others) and found many posts Interesting, even if I didn't get any Practical Application from EVERY post.:clap:

I have seen on other, unrelated forums, Professionals get fed up with EXACTLY this kind of NONSENSE, while the forum loses valuable Knowledge and insights, because there were IDIOTS with Little Penis syndrome challenging Dayum near everything they say, I would HATE to see that happen here on AS.:(

To Skeans, Hsell, Catbuster, Westboast Faller, and others that I should mention, and haven't, THANK YOU, your Knowledge, Insights and Contributions here ARE Appreciated by MANY, Thank You, Again.

Gugi 47, GET a LIFE :buttkick:

Doug :cheers:

You just point out something right... I should GET a LIFE, Don't waist it in this Forum for morons like you.
By saying that, this is my last post.
Have a great life and enjoy what is left for you.

Jumpinjahousafats, get over it, Skeans and Hsell are each well respected here on AS, but YOUR standing and credibility are being questioned more and more with every post like this you put up.

Are you still in the Third Grade, or just Mentally stuck there?:confused:

I for one, APPRECIATE all that Skeans (and Others) have, and continue to contribute to this forum, I have learned from him (and Others) and found many posts Interesting, even if I didn't get any Practical Application from EVERY post.:clap:

I have seen on other, unrelated forums, Professionals get fed up with EXACTLY this kind of NONSENSE, while the forum loses valuable Knowledge and insights, because there were IDIOTS with Little Penis syndrome challenging Dayum near everything they say, I would HATE to see that happen here on AS.:(

To Skeans, Hsell, Catbuster, Westboast Faller, and others that I should mention, and haven't, THANK YOU, your Knowledge, Insights and Contributions here ARE Appreciated by MANY, Thank You, Again.

Gugi 47, GET a LIFE :buttkick:

Doug :cheers:

Real Members with Real experiences are what make these forums valuable.

Most of what I’ve learned someone pointed me in the right direction on these forums originally because the common practice around home is opposite to what I’ve tried to establish with my business.

Think East Coast no PPE with a ladder firewood cutting vs. West Coast Falling.

Thank You Doug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can I ask why you’d say rubber mount vs spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you cut hardwood often you probably realized that during middle in a big cut when chain becomes dull you'll need to force the saw in by dogging or pushing. This becomes a problem when you're running spring mounts because they tend to flex alot and absorb the pressure rather than pushing the saw down

If you cut hardwood often you probably realized that during middle in a big cut when chain becomes dull you'll need to force the saw in by dogging or pushing. This becomes a problem when you're running spring mounts because they tend to flex alot and absorb the pressure rather than pushing the saw down

Curious what chain you’re running as well as are you finding hidden materials in the stump ?

3/8ths and .404 but i dont think you guys from states deal with this level of hardness. Ours is similar to Oz hardwood, even brand new sharp chain throws dust

Wondering if you can get a hold of square chisel chain to try this style of grind might work better, it makes quick work of pretty much everything but metal.

Wondering if you can get a hold of square chisel chain to try this style of grind might work better, it makes quick work of pretty much everything but metal.

We dont have square chisel for that very reason, i use semi chisel and chipper chains exclusively. Only these can withstand our gritty wood

Can you get 404? 404 semi seems like a good option if your wood is that tough and you have a saw that will pull it.

Back