whats the best oil mixs for sthil 025 chain saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny100

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a o25 sthil 16 inch gas chain saw i just bought used
should i put 1 30z bottle of oil per gallon of gas ?

what would you pros do ?

I primarily use Champion non synthetic for air cooled at 5 oz per gallon of gas. Most my saws are old 0 series Stihls. About $4 a quart it comes out cheaper then the little bottles and burns plenty clean if your saw is kept well tuned. Standard 50 or 40 to 1 ratios I would prefer full or at least part synthetic oils name brand with premium fuel. Keep the air filter clean and engine properly tuned and it should do well as long as u keep fresh fuel mix consistent with your carb tune. Your saw shouldn,t be screaming when out of cut or run erratically.

I use the little stihl one gallon oil mix bottles and only mix a gallon at a time. And I reuse the little bottle by refilling them from a bulk container.

I swear, one more oil thread and I'm going back to SAE 30 ND at 32:1. The mosques won't stand a chance....

Seriously though, any quality synthetic mixed to mfg spec. I go a bit thicker and augment w/ Marvel oil as a stabilizer. Unfortunately I can't easily get ethanol free gas without buying premix(which I do for long term storage and portability trail work)

Latest posts

Back