Running stihl bars on huskys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave0846

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Tried fitting my 28" stihl light to my 372 with spacer, but the studs appear to be further from the drive sprocket on the 372, is this normal and if so how many drive links do I need to add to make it fit?
4205884c229de2e8233855d4735d3687.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Spacer...?

Were are you using a spacer?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I see,

As far as Drive links you shouldn’t need too many more to make it work. You may have to make a chain.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

It is normal yes- typically need 1-2 extra dl's or have to lengthen the slot in the bar. Some chains will go on without adding any dl's but it's usually a pita..

This bar adapter
49c521945334ea3f95372c1d35d400f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't aware of the Canon adapter; thanks for the enlightenment!

The Sugihara lite 32" bar, for the 394XP, came with bushing/spacers, which are small, a pain to emplace, and easily lost.

Just grabbed one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223549395244

It is visible here, 'page' 2 - http://www.cannonbar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Mounting-Bars-Flyer.pdf

Canon part no. CBW-20030

{Man....did I fuss, making some spacer bushings by-hand, to adapt an old 25" Remington roller bar for use on the Pro Mac 850...along with some creative drilling, for both oiling and tensioning....:) Worth the effort and fuss, though; perfect bar for the ole rig... I have coupla photos, if anywunz interested.}

In the first pic it looks like the chain might fit without any additional links if you remove the ring sprocket and reattach it with the chain engaged... (?)

Back