371xp parts. HAAAAAAALP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzencab

Y'all ain't as smart as you think you are.
Reaction score
New guy here, here's my situation: I just bought a Husqvarna 371xp got a great deal at $240. The only problem is it's missing the chain brake and the screws that fastens it on.

I was able to buy the chain brake on Amazon. But I'm having a hard time finding the screws.

I know you folks are a lot smarter in the ways of finding parts for this chainsaw than I am.

if anybody can point me in the right direction for the screws I would be eternally grateful.

I want to play with my new toy!!! :crazy2:
Ahem, thank y'all for your help.

If your talking about the screws that hold the cover over the spring, they are short m5 screws and you should be able to get the at your local hardware store. You might want to get some small washers with them. If your talking about the brake handle the clutch side is m4. On the starter side there is a little bushing and you use the starter cover screw.

Screenshot at 2019-06-15 09:17:22.png

Like I said in a previous thread, I'm no pistonologist but this don't look good.

Big bore time eh?

Attachments

• 20190615_210903.jpg
    20190615_210903.jpg
    915.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190615_210923.jpg
    20190615_210923.jpg
    801.6 KB · Views: 15
Well I'm personally not a big bore fan I would stick with oem... Possibly a meteor piston in an oem cylinder if it cleans up. I would really double check your bottom end. Might want to take your time before you put it together and find out you have more problems.

Will do, thank you for the input I'll start looking into that meteor piston, as well as taking a look at the bottom end.

Like I said in a previous thread, I'm no pistonologist but this don't look good.

Big bore time eh?
That sucks! I've got a new oem piston that I could sell you for the same price as a Meteor. If interested, PM me. What ever you decide, make sure you do a vac/pressure test on it after you get it back together.

Stick with the oem cylinder if it cleans up.
I've run the big bores only if oem was trashed
They do ok not exceptional unless you port them
The hyway popup kit is a very good one.
But with oem cylinder kits with pistons
Being 150.00 now
I just buy them when needed.

Hey everyone oh, I'm finding it hard to find a rebuild kit for this carburetor.

Am I just not able to see the forest through the trees or what.

I'm somewhat thinking that it'll have this carburetor and designation in the rebuild kit name.

Attachments

• 20190615_203606.jpg
    20190615_203606.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 6
Back