Name for Company

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is better name for my business?

• Total voters

Mark Schenkel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Here in upstate New York the Emerald Ash Bore is taking its toll on trees. I see so many dead ash trees that I have decided to start a tree removal business.

Right now I have domain name upstatetreeremoval.com. While the domain name directly explains what my business is about, I don't like having negative word "removal" in a company name.

My other thought is ash2oak.com (ashtooak.com is taken). On website we offer explanation:
- We remove your dead ash tree
- Grind the Stump
- Replace with a Oak tree sapling.

My father-in-law has property with abundance of oak saplings. I have been very successful transplanting them. In the fall I want to start spading out to burlap.

What are your thoughts? upstatetreeremoval.com or ash2oak.com?

I think the number 2 in the domain would be a poor choice. The first choice can be said aloud to someone and they'll know exactly what to type into their browser to find your site.

If ashtooak is taken, I would pick something else.

If all you want to focus on is removal, then nothing wrong with having that in the name.

Make sure you match the oak to the site! White oak doesn't lme it wet, pin oak doesn't like high pH, etc....

And if what you're doing is primarily removals, Upstate Tree Removal is the one. Otherwise, I really don't know what Ash 2 Oak is or what industry its related to if I look it up or see it on the web and it seems limiting. Tree removal keeps it clean. Remember too, they may ask for you to plant other types of trees or if you're an arborist looking to get you involved with other types of tree work. If you do removals only, the name fits.

Back