Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a little video because i couldn't fit it all on picture :picture:
So yeah been busy splitting the wood that i cut this winter, majority of the wood stove logs have been done, just a little more.
Once i'v done with the bucked logs that are outside i will stack the split logs. Not sure if i'm going to split the wood under the roof (cooking stove) logs but i most likely will.

What else... uhm it's all spruce and i use a small cheapo 7 ton log splitter. I have done a few little modifications to it , which are crucial imo :)

Trying to keep insects away from my wood is like trying to hold back the tide... I just accept the fact that it's outdoors and there is little that I can do about it.

Ya, I know it's outside and all, but I know ants can wreak havoc on wood and do some damage if they get too bad. Just don't want my stockpile ruined!

How does everybody keep the ants from invading your piles? I currently have 4 large pallets full of wood to start seasoning. Don't want the ants to destroy it. Any suggestions?
Have the wood stacked off of the ground. Ants like wet wood. Once the wood dries out, ants should not be a problem.

How does everybody keep the ants from invading your piles? I currently have 4 large pallets full of wood to start seasoning. Don't want the ants to destroy it. Any suggestions?
Get some chickens. LOL. Chickens love eating insects.

Ya, I know it's outside and all, but I know ants can wreak havoc on wood and do some damage if they get too bad. Just don't want my stockpile ruined!

Your just down the road from me. Doubt you will see any significant ant damage. Best if you stack on pallets or anything that keeps the lower row off the ground. Works for me.

Fell one more of the dead oaks.View attachment 742542 Having the tractor is making life so much easierView attachment 742543
I still find uses for mine, not sure what I'd get done if I didn't have it:crazy2:.
My neighbor was going to load a large rental rototiller into his truck by hand I said why you have a tractor I'm not lifting it if I don't have to, he said yeah your right, he just got his little B series Kubota this summer.
Nice you're getting to drop your firewood almost on the pile too :rock:.

I had about 5 pallets behind that big rock that got smashed. lol I was not going to tell. ooops
Whoops, at least pallets are cheap lol.
Could have been worse, I had a hinge break on a spar that was rigged, then it swung 90 degrees from the intended fall.
Sure wish that was all that happened :rare2:.

The irony of it all is I was going to leave my truck closer to the intended fall, but moved it "out of the zone" :laugh:.
:sucks:

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 1.13.57 AM.png

Latest posts

Back