Efco MT 6500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJD85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So my recent obsession/project of clearing my property has inspired a freind to clear his own. He has been looking at efco as he has a dealer a few minuts from his house. Of,course the dealer salesman says they are too quality but Not very much out there on internet reviewing this saw. What are your thoughts guys?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Lol... Im literlly reading about the echo 620pw as i got the alert for your response. Thanks for the info.

So my recent obsession/project of clearing my property has inspired a freind to clear his own. He has been looking at efco as he has a dealer a few minuts from his house. Of,course the dealer salesman says they are too quality but Not very much out there on internet reviewing this saw. What are your thoughts guys?

The 590 is not an alternative to an Efco MT 6500.The Efco is 1 hp more with only 300gr more weight plus in my country at least,the Efco is cheaper.Better quality and feel for the Efco and there are parts for at least 10 years or so.In Greece Echo dealers are like unicorns instead for the Efco dealers who can be found everywhere,i have 1 in my village and 2 in the nearest city(15 minutes from me).If your friend has a dealer near him and the price is right for the Efco,go for it.

The 590 is not an alternative to an Efco MT 6500.The Efco is 1 hp more with only 300gr more weight plus in my country at least,the Efco is cheaper.Better quality and feel for the Efco and there are parts for at least 10 years or so.In Greece Echo dealers are like unicorns instead for the Efco dealers who can be found everywhere,i have 1 in my village and 2 in the nearest city(15 minutes from me).If your friend has a dealer near him and the price is right for the Efco,go for it.
Thanks man I'll tell him

Does it come with metal crank case and sprocket cover?

Efco MT 6500 has magnesium crankcase (same as 590) and metal side cover.I wrote something wrong above,the 590 weights 6 kg and the 6500 6.5 kg so the difference is 500gr.Anyway both good saws but if the price is similar i would buy the Efco.

Who says the Efco has 1hp more? They are generally underpowered saws and Efco specifications are usually over inflated. Efco has almost zero support here and Echo has better quality and duribility. I have no idea where you're getting your information. I really didn't whant to come off as harsh, but most avoid Efco, that is if you can even find one. If you don't believe me just do some searching here, man many better options are available.

Dam im glad I asked! my buddy is actually creating profile here so he can ask all the same stupid questions I did. Its kinda strange that efco has completly pulled out of usa but small engin shops have efco sighns in their store front and selling saws. And talking about a warrenty?

Dam im glad I asked! my buddy is actually creating profile here so he can ask all the same stupid questions I did. Its kinda strange that efco has completly pulled out of usa but small engin shops have efco sighns in their store front and selling saws. And talking about a warrenty?

ECHO CS-620PW.

What part of Georgia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ECHO CS-620PW.

What part of Georgia?

Well he lives in canton georgia so im assuming its there. I just looked up efco dealers and 3 came up in my location. But one of them just looks like some guys garage. Lol

Well he lives in canton georgia so im assuming its there. I just looked up efco dealers and 3 came up in my location. But one of them just looks like some guys garage. Lol

John Deere sold J.D. badged EFCO for a while but outside of a few of those, I’ve not seen any in my travels.

Carrollton has 3 close ECHO dealers.

Huh. I'll have to get more detail from him because now in curious,

Huh. I'll have to get more detail from him because now in curious,

More info from the dealer? I wouldn't bet on his info being worth much, but I could always be wrong. A few guys here used to sell them back in the day, that never seemed to work out well, Efco would often never comp warranty work, yet would charge dealers all kinds of stuff just for being a dealer. If I remember correctly some of the saws had high failure rates as well. Stick with Echo, Stihl, Husqvarna and Dolmar/Makita.[emoji111]

Who says the Efco has 1hp more? They are generally underpowered saws and Efco specifications are usually over inflated. Efco has almost zero support here and Echo has better quality and duribility. I have no idea where you're getting your information. I really didn't whant to come off as harsh, but most avoid Efco, that is if you can even find one. If you don't believe me just do some searching here, man many better options are available.

So you are saying that Efco lies about the specs of their products.I have no clue about that,only what they say.cs 590 is 3.9hp,mt 6500 is 4.7,i should add the word "almost" to my post,"almost 1 hp more for the Efco",that was my mistake.Anyway,you have your oppinion,i have mine and for your knowlege i have a cs 490 and a cs 590,i've run many saws and i could swear that both of these saws are stronger than the numbers given to them.I mean no way the 490 is only 2.9hp or the 590 is only 3.9.I also run an Efco 152 and an 156,both seemed very strong and quality products.I shouldn't suggest a chainsaw to him because i am not familiar with US prices of these particular models.I just had in my mind Greek prices.If prices are similar and as you said Echo have a better support there,the timberwolf or the 620 seems a better choise.In Greece the 590 is not a good choise when a Makita 6100 is cheaper and the 620 price is just a joke when the husky 555 is almost 100$ cheaper or the Makita EA7900P is at the same price.As for the high failure rates of Efco saws,can you provide any info about that?I don't mean to be rude or anything,i would like to read about that.

The 590 comes in at $400 many times less, the Makita is at least $100 more here, and the likes of a 555 would be around 250 more than a cs590.

The issues dealers had with the Efco saws was documented here some years ago. Forget all the details, but if my memory serves me correctly the cases on the 60cc models were failing near the AV mounts, intake boot issues, and ignition coils. The screen type air filters were also usless.

They're not horrible saws, heavy and underpowered for their displacement, but the biggest issue is zero support. Like I said I don't believe they even import them anymore, don't think they can meet EPA regulations.[emoji111]

So you are saying that Efco lies about the specs of their products.I have no clue about that,only what they say.cs 590 is 3.9hp,mt 6500 is 4.7,i should add the word "almost" to my post,"almost 1 hp more for the Efco",that was my mistake.Anyway,you have your oppinion,i have mine and for your knowlege i have a cs 490 and a cs 590,i've run many saws and i could swear that both of these saws are stronger than the numbers given to them.I mean no way the 490 is only 2.9hp or the 590 is only 3.9.I also run an Efco 152 and an 156,both seemed very strong and quality products.I shouldn't suggest a chainsaw to him because i am not familiar with US prices of these particular models.I just had in my mind Greek prices.If prices are similar and as you said Echo have a better support there,the timberwolf or the 620 seems a better choise.In Greece the 590 is not a good choise when a Makita 6100 is cheaper and the 620 price is just a joke when the husky 555 is almost 100$ cheaper or the Makita EA7900P is at the same price.As for the high failure rates of Efco saws,can you provide any info about that?I don't mean to be rude or anything,i would like to read about that.

Location is Relative to the Selection Process.

EFCO has not historically been supported on this side of the Atlantic.

Ok so update on my friend and the efco/echo situation. I just spoke with him. He said the guy HAD some EFCO new/used that he could sell him but was an ECHO dealer and was raving about the ECHO warrenty not EFCO. He did have an EFCO sighn in the window. The confusion came from similarity in the name and a lack of EXP. Also shoddy texting. Lol. He said EFCO came in at around 570$ for the MT6500. Glad we had this conversation still because now we both know just say no to EFCO! Haha thanks alot guys. [emoji106]

My local saw shop carries EFCO saws. They look and feel decent, but I have never taken the opportunity to run one. Aside from the local shop selling and wrenching on them, I have never even heard of EFCO saws or seen one being used. The dealer is more than capable of fixing saws, and says getting parts is not an issue. Although you won't find many dealers taking a dump on their product line either. I will agree that EFCO could do a better job of promoting their products in this side of the Atlantic if they want to grow their market presence.

Back