whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ughhhmmmm no can do I got about 12 feet left this happened a while back....
c7122cd83bda13d6b82224b267c3506b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I wish.... I could stop people from calling me to their house to bid a dinky little flop and leave job. I’d have to line up four or five for a full day.
Those r the best! That's why I always roll with a saw throw line and rope on estimates. I've done several 100 dollar 5 min floppers

They’re great if you can line them in a route with a pick up. Bringing three trucks and trailers don’t work out well.
I do them out of my 05 gto lol at time of estimate. I tell um 100 now or 300 later and I'll do it when I'm in the area

This pulley was as far as I could reach. Still a pretty big (dead) piece. And then my favorite part, the Giant and Jefferson.:)
View attachment 742289
View attachment 742290
View attachment 742291

Nice job, looks like that was a big cut for negative rigging, but we all know how strong ash trees are. It’s been an adventure cutting down dead EAB trees the last 8 years or so around here. They present a challenge with their growth characteristics, especially the tall “woods” grown ash like that one in your pic. Skinny beanpoles that just don’t feel that good when you’re up in them. I’ve had my heart racing quite a few times, but luckily it’s been a mental thing rather than an actual integrity issue with the tree. If you don’t have the BMG rake for your grapple, snag one. They are a big time saver on cleaning up all the shattered ash twigs.

I’m really getting bummed out by the absolute lack of labor there is out there. No one shows and the stray ones that do start bugging to be paid in cash. Don’t want to rant but I’m getting close to paying ground guys 19/20 an hour just to reel in a heartbeat.

Had the ditch witch 1050 dropped off. I like it but it will be tough learning how to use it without a rotator and I’ll have to weld several d rings on my trailers to try to fit the grinder and this thing at the same time. I’ll post pics later in the week.

Back