the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a perfect explanation, it makes a lot of sense now. I’ve always been told to keep the horizontal line level with the landscape so that’s what I’ve done. I don’t shoot competitions, just for vermin control and a bit of fun. Great video [emoji1305]

its to do with gun cant. hard to explane this chick dose a good job of it tho.

Yep, good video on it, I only use it (bubble level) to set the scope up in the first place so its correct to the rifle, not whilst in use on the range, again its about muscle memory, get it all right, and your on target. Part of training is to get level to begin with, I can see how its another useful item, but I have not used one. Might explain a few flyers at 800 tho :)

off to Repco (who to be fair are normally very good ) for chipper oil change parts Kohler pony motor & spin on hydro oil filter Fleet guard HF 6056 um how much pls?? Dont stock Fleet guard but in Ryco copy its $66 bucks sir...Um $66 no thanks i'll shop around

Ok then how much for the Kohler 25Hp pony motor oil filter ( thinking this will be a touch up) as USA part... Have one in Ryco Z418 $18 bucks

I got on line for $17 plus $10 bucks post new boxed Hydro Fleetguard HF6056

I'm glad i did oil change it been far to long,, its bad when sump plug comes out and oil runs like water

Stick with the fleetguard filters. Good quality media, lots of it, good glue, springs valves etc.

I have not been impressed with ryco filters for some years now.
They were good made in NZ
they were not too bad when made in south africa
They were sheit when made in china.
I had the ryco rep out to look at some filters that had round rolled threads that did not have pitch, just round circles that met, and swarf in the spin on threads.

Have also taken apart repco and ryco filters and compared them to a genuine filter, less media is the first noticeable thing, poor glue, less well finished.

Just not worth the hassle, buy fleetguard in bulk and have some up your sleeve.

yeah agree fleetguard served me well for years and im not paying $66 for a China Ryco..

This all started when i found some free motor oil being dumped last week gotta luv hard rubbish when people chuck out some good gear if lucky to see it

I got about 20 litres of premium brand oils and 15 litres of no brand thats gone straight to trucks saw oil box

this is just part of the free oil haul all full unopened

thumbnail_IMG_20190617_195950.jpg

-1.5°c at 8am here 3°c at 10am.

Brrrr
Makes all that firewood gathering worth while.
How is your house, is it well insulated ?
Our first winter here was not that good, no heating, no cooling, no insulation, kitchen was same temp inside as out, well it was 4 deg when it was below freezing outside, rest of house was around 6.
We would open the windows when it got above 10 to warm the place up, cold, damp, trying to dry cloth nappies, our youngest daughter had just arrived, made for some cold feeds at times.
Took a few years to get on top of things, and to have a comfortable home.

Now the cool has finally arrived, you hear the chorus of chainsaws on the weekend as people suddenly think, oh, I need some firewood, these are the same people who look at you funny when your out getting wood in late winter/ spring and getting ready for the next season, or season after, or come up and ask if you would sell them some firewood from your apparently "huge" pile that you dont need all of it.:nofunny:
Forget the fact that most of it is seasoning for the next year or two, has been cut smaller for the wood stove, and split and neatly stacked.:chop:

Ants and the grasshoppers.:rare2:

the fire proof rope insulation around my fire box door was a bit old and a part came off last year,, i knew it helped keep the flu system working to 100% so changed it yesterday.. amazing my over nite logs stay burning all nite like it did and should so now kicking me self for not doing this 6 months ago $15 buck from Bunnings

Brrrr
Makes all that firewood gathering worth while.
How is your house, is it well insulated ?
Our first winter here was not that good, no heating, no cooling, no insulation, kitchen was same temp inside as out, well it was 4 deg when it was below freezing outside, rest of house was around 6.
We would open the windows when it got above 10 to warm the place up, cold, damp, trying to dry cloth nappies, our youngest daughter had just arrived, made for some cold feeds at times.
Took a few years to get on top of things, and to have a comfortable home.

Now the cool has finally arrived, you hear the chorus of chainsaws on the weekend as people suddenly think, oh, I need some firewood, these are the same people who look at you funny when your out getting wood in late winter/ spring and getting ready for the next season, or season after, or come up and ask if you would sell them some firewood from your apparently "huge" pile that you dont need all of it.:nofunny:
Forget the fact that most of it is seasoning for the next year or two, has been cut smaller for the wood stove, and split and neatly stacked.:chop:

Ants and the grasshoppers.:rare2:

insulated we have all most none if the fire was not going 24/7 the shack would never warm up. as for fire wood had a crappy run the larst few years and have not had time to cut wood.

the fire proof rope insulation around my fire box door was a bit old and a part came off last year,, i knew it helped keep the flu system working to 100% so changed it yesterday.. amazing my over nite logs stay burning all nite like it did and should so now kicking me self for not doing this 6 months ago $15 buck from Bunnings

i done this a few years back and it was well worth it. burnt way less wood.

yip owell all is good. i have 4 trees down that ill hit some time soon for next winter.
We are fortunate this winter, we are burning sugar gum that has seasoned for 2 summers, and had lost its leaves when cut, so started out at 30%, have been trying to get ahead so we are good for a few years, rekon we go thru 7+ tonne, but were heating our entire house, its thick stone, so has some thermal mass, and its worth investing into. Assuming that a cubed pallet is a tonne, I really have no idea what the actual weight is, but go by volume, and assume the weight. :)
Hang in there, I was in my mid 40s before I lived in a house that was warm in winter and cool in summer.

My old man must be bored or something he cut carted split this firewood by himself he's only got 90cc plus saws lol
He's into his 70's now I might ask him exactly how old he is one day maybe..
He's the last of the old school just get it done hard workers deffontly not one of them blokes that do more thinking of doing than actual doing or as he calls em a Gonna lol
Not many days in his life that he's not run a saw the nutter used to go falling logs on xmas day lol
20190609_123710.jpg 20190609_123645.jpg

He's retired now days he closed the sawmill he didn't sit on the lounge long lol He's talking of buying a excavator to take bush so he doesn't beat up his new Hilux driving over stumps and crap in the bush reckons he'll use the excavator to bring the firewood logs out onto a dump to block up and use it to load his ute with as well.
Sold all gear in the old mill.
20190609_123615.jpg

Yeah my Oldman is turning 70 this year, he runs around more than ever , pile burning, clearing scrub, pulling motors, swinging saws, always out and working on shiit from 6am to 7pm before the old lady tells him off "slow up you silly old bastard before you kick your bucket" .... "yeah yeah" gotta go to rfs training im the captain you old duck, be back around 10 put me dinner in the fridge.... They don't know how to stop if they do they'll die

Back