Husqvarna 572xp break in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ofted42

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Greetings all,

Just picked up a new husky 572xp for some heavier cutting I'll be doing and wanted some feedback on if what I'm seeing is normal. Just put it through its paces yesterday and so have about 1.5 tanks of gas through it. I've had other new saws in the past and realize that they need to take some time to break in, but this thing is a DOG. So far the biggest thing I've been able to cut without the saw stalling constantly is an 8" piece of pine. Anything larger and it stalls out almost immediately if I put any pressure on it. Ran it through some larger stuff when I first started it since I'd heard that's what the autotune needed (quick note: nothing in the manual about calibrating the autotune on this one), but it was a challenge with how easy it was to kill it.

My question is, is this normal? It's been a while so I don't recall exactly, but I don't think my Dolmar PS 5100 was this anemic out of the box. Speaking of the Dolmar, it kicks the crap out of the husky in terms of power right now. Going to run it some more tomorrow but I have trouble believing that it'll miraculously start sawing like a monster after a few more tanks. Info on the 572xp is scarce though. Makes me wish I'd held on to the 576xp with manual carb I had, that thing went like crazy.

Thanks

Greetings all,

Just picked up a new husky 572xp for some heavier cutting I'll be doing and wanted some feedback on if what I'm seeing is normal. Just put it through its paces yesterday and so have about 1.5 tanks of gas through it. I've had other new saws in the past and realize that they need to take some time to break in, but this thing is a DOG. So far the biggest thing I've been able to cut without the saw stalling constantly is an 8" piece of pine. Anything larger and it stalls out almost immediately if I put any pressure on it. Ran it through some larger stuff when I first started it since I'd heard that's what the autotune needed (quick note: nothing in the manual about calibrating the autotune on this one), but it was a challenge with how easy it was to kill it.

My question is, is this normal? It's been a while so I don't recall exactly, but I don't think my Dolmar PS 5100 was this anemic out of the box. Speaking of the Dolmar, it kicks the crap out of the husky in terms of power right now. Going to run it some more tomorrow but I have trouble believing that it'll miraculously start sawing like a monster after a few more tanks. Info on the 572xp is scarce though. Makes me wish I'd held on to the 576xp with manual carb I had, that thing went like crazy.

Thanks

No its not normal.Post a pic of the chain if you can.I recently bought 2 Echos,a 490 and a 590,Echos are know that needing a lot of tanks to break in.Both of my saw was quite strong since the first start,both of them are a bit stronger after about 6 tanks but nothing crazy.A 572 that is only able to cut a 8" piece of pine and above that it stalls,no its not normal at all.

I think I've got about 7 gallons through mine. I'm still hoping for a little more. Another cutter I know said his took 10 gallons to really wake up.

I was thoroughly unimpressed the first couple of days I had it, but then it definitely started to come around.

I DO NOT want to start an oil thread, and I am a know nothing timber faller.
That said, in my experience, the newer Huskies take a lifetime to seat the rings if you run full synthetic mix straight out of the gate. Try a five gallon mixer of orange bottle stihl at 50:1 and run it like you stole it. After that run whatever mix/ratio you want. Follow your heart.

One more. Pull the muffler and delete the baffle for the exhaust outlet. Your jaw will hit the ground when you see how strangled the saw is. Kind of amazing they even run at all in stock form.

Hope my nonsense helps, good luck.
20190607_143442.jpg

Greetings all,

Thanks
Take it back to dealer and have them hook it up to their computer and look at carb settings. If chain is sharp, something is wrong. Just like anything mechanical (cars, trucks), because it's new does not mean everything is correct. May need a new carb or just re-flashed. Sounds funny I know, but have you tried a different spark plug?

I'll see if I can get a video today, along with some pics. Chain is razor sharp, running premium with Stihl oil at 50:1. Does anyone know if the new version of autotune needs calibration? Doesn't say a thing about it in the manual.

Yeah, going to take it in this morning and have them check it. Just ran another tank through it and it's almost like the autotune can't quite make up its mind. Will run strongish, then bog down near the end of the cut. It was interesting, when I first started it up this morning it went through the first cut like nobody's business. Second cut it was like the saw backed off and it stalled almost immediately. Also doesn't like to spin down after a cut, takes 4-5 seconds.

Greetings all,

Thanks
Definitely not normal
Take that bugger back.

Lifted 572xp last weekend. Very nice saw but can’t understand how my 576xp could be so fat but nobody says a word about the thyroid issue 572 has [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greetings all,

Thanks
Yeah the 576xp I have is a few yrs old now and it ripped right out the box . I was struggling with which to purchase , the 572 or 576 originally . If it continues to seem anemic bring it in to get checked out !

Just got a demo 572xp...i had tried it 6 months ago and it was a dog, no idea how many tanks were put thru but tried it again and plenty of grunt now, so i purchased it for a bit of a discount with full warranty, love the saw so far but tooks a few days to get used to the weight since ive been using smaller saws...burps on second pull when cold and starts bythe 3rd or 4th pull so im happy with that..no mods and not planning any except maybe taking the spark screen out, real nice air filter too, got it with 24" Tsumura light bar

I think I've got about 7 gallons through mine. I'm still hoping for a little more. Another cutter I know said his took 10 gallons to really wake up.

I was thoroughly unimpressed the first couple of days I had it, but then it definitely started to come around.

I DO NOT want to start an oil thread, and I am a know nothing timber faller.
That said, in my experience, the newer Huskies take a lifetime to seat the rings if you run full synthetic mix straight out of the gate. Try a five gallon mixer of orange bottle stihl at 50:1 and run it like you stole it. After that run whatever mix/ratio you want. Follow your heart.

One more. Pull the muffler and delete the baffle for the exhaust outlet. Your jaw will hit the ground when you see how strangled the saw is. Kind of amazing they even run at all in stock form.

Hope my nonsense helps, good luck.
View attachment 742713
Handsome saw. It might be the angle of the photo, but the teeth on the left side look completely wrecked.

Latest posts

Back