Husqvarna 350 saw thoughts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my 350:) muffler mod base delete and fixed the plastic boot clamp. I always wondered why they put a decomp on a wee saw until last weekend my mid 70s grandfather was running it he can start it with out but its nice for him to push the button.

It's my only husky or modern saw 1 day I'll buy a big one

I built 4 of em in the last year, three from junk saws. The stock one has 110 lbs comp, the 2 with popup pistons are in the 180s comp, the one I finished yesterday with a flat top piston is in the 140s.
I have some 346s but I don't feel the least bit bad about using the 350s.

I built 4 of em in the last year, three from junk saws. The stock one has 110 lbs comp, the 2 with popup pistons are in the 180s comp, the one I finished yesterday with a flat top piston is in the 140s.
I have some 346s but I don't feel the least bit bad about using the 350s.

Wow tell me more about the pop up mine is the older 1 with the flat top

Wow tell me more about the pop up mine is the older 1 with the flat top[/QUOTE
If you have a flat top piston in yours you probably have the 44 m/m cyl.
HLsupply has Hyway popup pistons for the 45 m/m cyls.
45 m/m 350s came with a dished top piston, same engine as 353s, but 353s have a flat top piston for more compression, 353 pistons will fit 45 m/m 350s.

So basically need to get a 45mm cylinder for any more further mods. It goes very well now it's a nice little saw really it has an 18 and probably 16 be better but it sorta saves going to get a bigger saw for the odd big cut here n there when limbing.

Does anyone sell ported cylinders?

So basically need to get a 45mm cylinder for any more further mods. It goes very well now it's a nice little saw really it has an 18 and probably 16 be better but it sorta saves going to get a bigger saw for the odd big cut here n there when limbing.

Does anyone sell ported cylinders?
The 45mm cylinder that comes on a 350 or 353 is not really the best design for performance. If you want to upgrade, I'd start with a 346xp top end in either 42 or 44.3mm flavor. There are threads available if you search on the modifications that need to be done to make that setup work. After that the normal(timing, muffler, carb and intake) mods can take it further. Cylinder modifications(porting) are the next step after that. You may be able to find a builder to just grind a jug for you, but I believe most of them prefer to have the whole powerhead to really dial it in as slight variations in cases, cranks, etc can change timing.

Another alternative that has been found to work well is the Hyway aftermarket top end. It is a closed quad port transfer arrangement and it's 45mm. You can also get a pop up piston from this company to further take compression up. Most that have used these agree that the quality and performance is very good.

The 45mm cylinder that comes on a 350 or 353 is not really the best design for performance. If you want to upgrade, I'd start with a 346xp top end in either 42 or 44.3mm flavor. There are threads available if you search on the modifications that need to be done to make that setup work. After that the normal(timing, muffler, carb and intake) mods can take it further. Cylinder modifications(porting) are the next step after that. You may be able to find a builder to just grind a jug for you, but I believe most of them prefer to have the whole powerhead to really dial it in as slight variations in cases, cranks, etc can change timing.

Another alternative that has been found to work well is the Hyway aftermarket top end. It is a closed quad port transfer arrangement and it's 45mm. You can also get a pop up piston from this company to further take compression up. Most that have used these agree that the quality and performance is very good.

Ok cheers for that information. Is the 45mm oem cylinder open port also? It's nice to have a little saw I can mess with all my other saws are 1970s macs and 1 poulan 4000 and ofcourse playing with cylinders is not an option.

Ok cheers for that information. Is the 45mm oem cylinder open port also? It's nice to have a little saw I can mess with all my other saws are 1970s macs and 1 poulan 4000 and ofcourse playing with cylinders is not an option.
No it's closed port. With the removable transfer covers it's easy to grind on.

Husky used to sell them separately. It's just a 6202 C3 inside of there. You can still get just the seals in the aftermarket. Tough to budget in $65 in bearings and seals for a $175 saw...[/QUOTE

Is it worth fixing or sell the saw for parts.

Back