did'ja ever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I had a project saw right near the finish line. It needed one small part for completion. I know I had one it my "inventory". I spent a long time looking and could not find it. OK now it's a challenge and two more hours and still no part. What the heck, go to the dealer and buy a new one. After the saw is running tuned and just right put it up. Then clean up the mess made while searching for the missing part and what? There it is in a box I swear I looked through twice. Messing with my head!!!!!

Have some Ash trees I need to take down, I know I bought two plastic wedges a few years ago, looked all over and couldn't find them. I took one tree down and used an iron wedge that I have and decided to buy some more plastic wedges. I ordered three off eBay, when they came in, I unwrapped them and went to put them in the saw cabinet. There was a 5 gal. bucket with some stuff on it, setting by the cabinet and I reached down and moved a shop rag and there laid the two wedges. I now have three orange and two green plastic wedges.:D

I once dropped a screw on my bench and couldn't find it with a cursory or thorough search. A year or so later the shed containing the bench was slated to be turn down. Every last doggone thing was taken out and still the screw was never found. Magnets, brooms, multiple people, none could find it. And yet when I disassemble saws and tools in the dirt I never permanently lose any hardware ever. Can someone please explain that to me?

I once dropped a screw on my bench and couldn't find it with a cursory or thorough search. A year or so later the shed containing the bench was slated to be turn down. Every last doggone thing was taken out and still the screw was never found. Magnets, brooms, multiple people, none could find it. And yet when I disassemble saws and tools in the dirt I never permanently lose any hardware ever. Can someone please explain that to me?
Kinda like a Thermos, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. How does it know!:surprised3:

I think the problem is the color of your work bench top. The top is almost the color of the screws you take out. It just blends in. My top is covered with a green rubber conveyor belt. Hard to miss a screw on it unless it's all green too.

Steve

You were a mole in a previous life. LOL

Kinda like a Thermos, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. How does it know!:surprised3:

Like the old JB Hunt joke, driver went into the truck stop and saw the display, thermos keeps hot things hot and cold things cold so he bought one. He goes to his truck and his co-driver asks him what he has, he tells the co-driver, it's a thermos, keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. The co-driver asks what he has in it, driver says chicken soup and ice tea.

Like the old JB Hunt joke, driver went into the truck stop and saw the display, thermos keeps hot things hot and cold things cold so he bought one. He goes to his truck and his co-driver asks him what he has, he tells the co-driver, it's a thermos, keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. The co-driver asks what he has in it, driver says chicken soup and ice tea.
lmao

I was looking today for a screw, had so many rags on the bench it was hiding stuff against the wall I thought I had installed. No more rags on the bench near work area. Did find my spark plug, it was in the rags. Wondered why my brother kept saying I needed to tighten the flywheel nut, it was under the rags also and I was getting ready to install the starter cover. Daaaaa.

Steve

How about wait ~2 weeks for a part to come in for a customer's whatever and then maybe a month or two down the road find 5 of whatever it was sitting on a shelf in the parts room. Somehow now in plain sight.

How about wait ~2 weeks for a part to come in for a customer's whatever and then maybe a month or two down the road find 5 of whatever it was sitting on a shelf in the parts room. Somehow now in plain sight.
Sounds like our parts department some times. Got 4 in stock but they aren't where the pc shows them to be. Then find 10 when they do inventory.

Steve

Latest posts

Back