Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of BIG for a chainsaw?!?!
Do you have to wait until CHRISTMAS to open it?????

Oh no I couldn't wait for Christmas to open it up.......had to be able to leave feedback for the seller. It is a little big for a saw. And it is indeed not a saw but I thought it a great, reasonably cheap and stout shipping container. Likely smaller ones can be found that would be better suited to shipping a saw. This unit fit pretty snugly in the tote with just enough room for a couple layers of rugged cardboard on all six faces of the interior of the tote. This came from Indiana to Maine by way of FedEX without any detectable signs of wear and tear.

IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0018.jpg

Looks like boat parts ?

Ayaup......new to me, transom assembly. Near new condition, fresh water unit to replace/upgrade my old 1992 assembly. Have new drive unit and engine so this is the final piece to replace. Winter project but have grab deals when they present themselves.....been watching ebay for almost a year.....

Ayaup......new to me, transom assembly. Near new condition, fresh water unit to replace/upgrade my old 1992 assembly. Have new drive unit and engine so this is the final piece to replace. Winter project but have grab deals when they present themselves.....been watching ebay for almost a year.....
Prolly lucky you found one .

Oh no I couldn't wait for Christmas to open it up.......had to be able to leave feedback for the seller. It is a little big for a saw. And it is indeed not a saw but I thought it a great, reasonably cheap and stout shipping container. Likely smaller ones can be found that would be better suited to shipping a saw. This unit fit pretty snugly in the tote with just enough room for a couple layers of rugged cardboard on all six faces of the interior of the tote. This came from Indiana to Maine by way of FedEX without any detectable signs of wear and tear.

View attachment 742891 View attachment 742892 View attachment 742893 View attachment 742894 View attachment 742896
Before I got to the second picture I was going to guess your new hobby was performing organ transplants...

Prolly lucky you found one .

Naw...plenty of them out there but more $$$$ and generally not as nice looking........waited a long time for this one to come along.....couple hunnert less than the competition and in much better condition.....going to be a good upgrade!!! My old one stihl working more or less but getting real corroded and beat. The new drive unit and new engine have a few upgrades the my old transom unit can't make use of.......this will fix those issues!!

Naw...plenty of them out there but more $$$$ and generally not as nice looking........waited a long time for this one to come along.....couple hunnert less than the competition and in much better condition.....going to be a good upgrade!!! My old one stihl working more or less but getting real corroded and beat. The new drive unit and new engine have a few upgrades the my old transom unit can't make use of.......this will fix those issues!!

I picked up a spare outdrive ,transom unit, mounting brackets,gaskets hydraulic rams and all the hoses and cables this spring also. Owner was parting out the boat as it sat around for 15 years wide open to the elements and the floor rotted out all because they left water in the engine and it froze. Could have the engine also but it was a ball of rust, missing the alternator,starter, carb and intake so not much left any use. Very seldom come across this stuff for the 2.3 Capri.

I picked up a spare outdrive ,transom unit, mounting brackets,gaskets hydraulic rams and all the hoses and cables this spring also. Owner was parting out the boat as it sat around for 15 years wide open to the elements and the floor rotted out all because they left water in the engine and it froze. Could have the engine also but it was a ball of rust, missing the alternator,starter, carb and intake so not much left any use. Very seldom come across this stuff for the 2.3 Capri.

Always good to have spares!!! This transom unit is in about the same condition as your upper unit you got to the westward.....gotta love fresh water marine stuff!!!

Back