pine tree firewood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
? Guess it depends on your stove. No problem with overnight burns in mine. The Cat really meows when feeding on pine. Interesting stuff.
Maybe not for everybody but it works for me. It's not my go to wood for sure, but I won't let it go to waste by any means. Interesting thread here guys. Enjoying the opinions for sure.

Good to see some more Iowan's on the forums!

There are quite a few Iowan's on here. Nothing wrong with pine....season it and enjoy the warmth:drinking:

That 'old wives tale" about burning down houses seems to be eternal and just won't die. If it were true, there wouldn't have been a house left standing in this country including in the towns back in the 20-30s. Even in the 40s there were more farm houses still heating with it than witn oil or coal. There was ONE house that burned in my 18 years (left for the AF) and that one burned in the middle of the summer, cause unknown but most likely electrical - REA had just run the lines into the area.

Mixed Deciduous forests here.
Here you can have all the pine, spruce and fir you want for firewood, usually for free or if you remove the tree (which I rarely do).
We just give it away mostly or use it for lumber/siding, fencing and moulding/trim.
No one wants it for firewood here.
I've cleaned up after big storm damages and most people just want the mess gone quickly.
You can find all kinds of different species at roadside or by word of mouth.
I found huge piles of Black Cherry, Red Oak, Pine, Hop Hornbeam, Sugar Maple and lots of Spruce and Cedar after storms.

kinda what i was thinking all the above answers lol. proly use it to start are outside fires only. thanks every advice.
I only use it in my firepit. I have a good sized indoor burner (takes a 36" log) and I hate burning pine. Too much hassle, too little heat. I live in WI, though, and need real heat when heat is needed.

Back