461 or 462 cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What makes the es light proper on a 462 is that's what there speced for yes you can us a es bar on them heck mines got a 25 es on it now but if you want proper balance with long bars on a very light 462 your gonna have to run a light bar

All I can say to that is... There’s nothing on page 63 of the manual where acceptable bar/chain combinations are listed that even says Stihl light bars are preferred, and plenty of standard ES bars are listed there. So, where’s that spec again?

There isn’t one, because it does not exist. That saw should be okay with any 3003 mount bar 16-28” long. It only balances well with short bars. I don’t do short bars. The 462 doesn’t work well with how I work. You don’t like it because I have something negative to say about something you own. You have some pride in your stuff, that’s fine, probably good. But dude, there is no need to make up falsities just to make what you own look good.

I’m out. This has gotten way beyond answering this guy’s question.

Wow attitude much ? Never made anything up there Jack dont know where the attitude is coming from and as I said yes the bars fit i have a regular es 25 on mine but for balance you need the light bar

Attachments

• 15613408934165665990942243445082.jpg
    15613408934165665990942243445082.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Kinda funny they picture it with a light weight bar on it an no other saws are pictured with one yes its optional not required I'm done arguing with you about the simple fact it's about balance

I was talking to a STIHL tech today. he said the 462 will not like sitting for 3 months or longer, the o rings in the solenoid start to degrade with the fuel.

I would think the o rings would be same as the m tronic 362 and I had mine for 2 years before I traded it on the 462 and it sat all winter for 2 winters and i didnt have any problems maybe not long term enough to see problems but i honestly dont see the difference between siting and running still seeing the same fuel i guess I'll find out with the 462 i hardly run my equipment in the winter months

That’s high for a 461 , I paid $980 otd for mine. That said for the small difference I’d go 462.

I went thru this a few weeks ago. And there was a small increase for the 462 over the 461. I went with the 461. I don't like the idea of computers on a chainsaw. The 461 is going the way of the dodo so my thought was get it while I can. Plus the fact that the 500i is coming this year I think will make the 462 obsolete. The 461 is a strong saw. A light weight 20" bar feels great on it for fire wood and a 28" bar for large stuff does the trick too. I'm very happy with the 461.

Also if your near PA or NJ or DE let me know. Ill tell you where you can get the 461 for about 980 out the door.

Latest posts

Back