CRAFTSAVARNA!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your opinion is appreciated. Like I said I never have had a problem with it. Starts right up every time. Its a small saw but its stronger today then the day I bought it. Its only 3 years old but I run the dog **** out of it too. Dropped a 25" red maple with that little devil. I wouldent tell anyone to go buy it or anything, and,its a turd compared to my DCS6421 but good little saw. The craftsman is responsible for thinning these woods below.
deaa9a95f46feaaae18b7ac6ad3d85a7.jpg

The bar for your craftsman pro, is it a 18" .50 gauge, 62DL? That's a real nice bar you've got on it now, top notch. HL Supply had a sale not too long ago on that brand bar.

Steve
Close.... Its a 18" .325 .050 72DL. K095 skinny mount. Love this bar. I wont buy anythomg else now. Maybe a sugi

It's not a pro grade saw by any stretch of imagination. However, it is a decent homeowner saw that's doing way more work than it was intended by dropping that sized maple. I'd say you got your money out a that saw, good on you.

It's not a pro grade saw by any stretch of imagination. However, it is a decent homeowner saw that's doing way more work than it was intended by dropping that sized maple. I'd say you got your money out a that saw, good on you.
Thanks man. Dont let me fool you though it was ruff. Amd way more work than it needed to be

Your opinion is appreciated. Like I said I never have had a problem with it. Starts right up every time. Its a small saw but its stronger today then the day I bought it. Its only 3 years old but I run the dog **** out of it too. Dropped a 25" red maple with that little devil. I wouldent tell anyone to go buy it or anything, and,its a turd compared to my DCS6421 but good little saw. The craftsman is responsible for thinning these woods below.
deaa9a95f46feaaae18b7ac6ad3d85a7.jpg

I do like the husqy 440 saw though. To me the black with yellow is a good color combo for a saw. That's a nice piece of ground there.

We had some bad storms roll through here yesterday and I spent a good part of the day helping a friend getting trees off his office building.

He bought a red craftsman at Lowe’s just today. It ~didn’t~ run more than it ran, and then apparently smoked the clutch the first day of its life. I assumed it was some sort of rebadged Poulan, but whatever it is....not impressed.
Sheesh. What the heck was the clutch made out of? Never heard of even the crappiest saws clutch fizzin' first day. 'Course, that saw is made to cut burdocks.

Sheesh. What the heck was the clutch made out of? Never heard of even the crappiest saws clutch fizzin' first day. 'Course, that saw is made to cut burdocks.
I was going to say something along those lines, but didn't want to sound rude. I've only heard of that happening once. It was a home owner that didn't know the chain brake was on, and figured if he just layed into it, eventually it would start to turn.

I was going to say something along those lines, but didn't want to sound rude. I've only heard of that happening once. It was a home owner that didn't know the chain brake was on, and figured if he just layed into it, eventually it would start to turn.

Yeah you gotta get em good and warmed up before the clutch will work. :omg:

Latest posts

Back