McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl chisel chain on the 32 is the ticket it really cuts now no leaning needed gave the rakers a couple swipes and wow the 800 pulls it well no skip needed. What a work out 10 tanks of gas through those old saws limbing and ringing all day the thumb is also knackered I'm having too manually oil that 32 Haha

Stihl chisel chain is good stuff. Ive been using it for most saws i got. For many years. From .325 to .404. I really have good luck with it. Gotta get it on sale though. In the early fall i get it for buy 2 get one free or buy one get one half off. Oregon works well also for me. Not trying to start a debate.....just stating they both are good chains and cut firewood.

Stihl chisel chain is good stuff. Ive been using it for most saws i got. For many years. From .325 to .404. I really have good luck with it. Gotta get it on sale though. In the early fall i get it for buy 2 get one free or buy one get one half off. Oregon works well also for me. Not trying to start a debate.....just stating they both are good chains and cut firewood.

That would make it a great price pretty much pay 1 nz dollar per driver here.

1 thing I also noticed from the last chisel chain which was carlton the grind on the stihl matches a file perfectly so a few strokes to sharpen vs a whole cutter reprofile on the carlton. Haven't tried Oregon chisel

Guess I have to add this to my spelling search
8a31d73f0aabed1484fa10fe485b1046.jpg

Erik

Kinda at a stand still with this PM 1010 at the moment. Bob Johnson sent me a NOS 1010S short block to replace my PM1010 short block
But I've been having issues with these pesky air box screws. They were not deep enough for any screwdriver I had to get a good bite and were pretty much siezed in there. Tried attempt after attempt even soaking them in PB Blaster but no luck so I tried to drill them out and use a screw extractor but it just broke the heads off and left the remainder of the threads. Any tips on removing the remaining pieces of screw? The one side I might be able to get with vise grips, the other side I'm not so sure...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    990.3 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    810.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    866.2 KB · Views: 16
Kinda at a stand still with this PM 1010 at the moment. Bob Johnson sent me a NOS 1010S short block to replace my PM1010 short block
But I've been having issues with these pesky air box screws. They were not deep enough for any screwdriver I had to get a good bite and were pretty much siezed in there. Tried attempt after attempt even soaking them in PB Blaster but no luck so I tried to drill them out and use a screw extractor but it just broke the heads off and left the remainder of the threads. Any tips on removing the remaining pieces of screw? The one side I might be able to get with vise grips, the other side I'm not so sure...

I’ve use these for things like this. Sometimes they work.

Maximum Impact Bolt & Nut Remover Set 13 pieces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JDNIYPW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9kveDb5K4A7QZ

Would love to have a set like that. But since I don't, I'd try a propane torch to heat up the area real well and then grab what's left of the threads with vise grips and go for it. The mag will expand faster than the steel and any thread locker that may be present should also loosen up with enough heat.

Good luck with it.

I sure could have used those this past weekend on my project firewood tractor. Might have saved me a lot of grinding, drilling, stomping and yelling. Only have one grounded off bolt to go, or that set would be on order.

Ron
I got a set at O'Reilly auto parts , think 6 sizes. I use them for header bolts an such.

Latest posts

Back