Do you work out?

• Thread starter Deleted member 110241
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 5 years when I was falling in uculet bc there was an older faller who would get a pail of warm water and dip his hands in it..now that’s part of my morning routine as well as the stretches before hiking up the walk logs to my quarter.

Always keep in shape because I believe that if you keep yourself agile you'll be better off when you're in a situation which requires a bit more out of you. I try to get as much swimming in throughout the year because it gives an incredible workout, plus you never feel like you're going to die LOL!

Always keep in shape because I believe that if you keep yourself agile you'll be better off when you're in a situation which requires a bit more out of you. I try to get as much swimming in throughout the year because it gives an incredible workout, plus you never feel like you're going to die LOL!

Swimming is great! I'm 6 months in now, feeling better than ever! Well not really, but I am starting to see results and feel strong and healthy. As a side effect my posture has improved...

Swimming is great! I'm 6 months in now, feeling better than ever! Well not really, but I am starting to see results and feel strong and healthy. As a side effect my posture has improved...

I can't suggest it enough. So many new training programs with this and that coming out, but the good ol' reliable always delivers results. I think people generally have an issue with this because either they don't like swimming or they don't like the idea of sharing a pool. But I'll say this, would you rather share a public pool with someone or a hospital room? I say that because eventually our health will decline and we'll end up in a hospital at some point - let's just push the date back a bit.

Plan for Longevity (so far so good)

- stretch a little every day
- get heart rate up doing some vigorous exercise you like for at least 30 minutes every day
- when not doing hard physical work, lift some moderate weights 3 times a week to point of perspiration
- eat real whole foods, stay hydrated - cut out the junk.
- stretch again before bed then sleep well
- do some good for others whenever possible
- dwell on things that make you smile :D
- your immune system performs better when you're happy

Life is short and the older you get the shorter it looks.

Plan for Longevity (so far so good)

- stretch a little every day
- get heart rate up doing some vigorous exercise you like for at least 30 minutes every day
- when not doing hard physical work, lift some moderate weights 3 times a week to point of perspiration
- eat real whole foods, stay hydrated - cut out the junk.
- stretch again before bed then sleep well
- do some good for others whenever possible
- dwell on things that make you smile :D
- your immune system performs better when you're happy

Life is short and the older you get the shorter it looks.

9 commandments of life :rock:

After 67 years of active life I have learned Mountain is not far off. I know if I do not keep pushing to cut stack or carry some thing every day that I will just mildew. When all else fails I can hike down to some hot springs for a couple of days summer or winter. I have yet to run in to any body that can hike to the hot springs and not loose at least two pounds so it must be good. Thanks

12 oz curls regularly!!!

I walk several miles on average each day. That’s my exercise. I also have a bad back. Currently I’m dealing with an S1 disk issue that is making life pretty tough, I’m walking with a bad limp and enduring severe pain daily. And I’m not a man who can sit still so I still work hard every day this way. Had an injection in my back last week (one of many I’ve had) this one didn’t help at all. I spent 8 hours yesterday going up and down a 12’ ladder running data lines at a circle K business center new build. Could barely even walk when I was done. I work pretty much 7 days a week doing physical labor sonI get plenty of exercise.

Turbed on my.phone excersize tracker dealio.

Most days I end walking between 4-6 miles just around the shop/yard.

12 oz curls regularly!!!

I walk several miles on average each day. That’s my exercise. I also have a bad back. Currently I’m dealing with an S1 disk issue that is making life pretty tough, I’m walking with a bad limp and enduring severe pain daily. And I’m not a man who can sit still so I still work hard every day this way. Had an injection in my back last week (one of many I’ve had) this one didn’t help at all. I spent 8 hours yesterday going up and down a 12’ ladder running data lines at a circle K business center new build. Could barely even walk when I was done. I work pretty much 7 days a week doing physical labor sonI get plenty of exercise.
Hamstring stretches helped my lower back amazingly.

Well everyone younger than 73 be encouraged.
At 40 I was in a bad mirrage and I thought I was old. At 50 I thought I wasn't all that old because I was going dancing having fun and single again.
I play hard and work hard. When my step son was 23, I was like 54 and could pretty well keep up with him all day. Well now he's 51. Still tough and not a guy I'd want to fight with but he's already having a complete knee replaced. He smokes and seems to be aging fast. I'm a health nut. I ride a bicycle everyday rain sleet or snow if only for a little while. All the crap I've been through I feel lucky to be moving. I have trouble with long walks due to an old back injury but the bicycle lets me feel like a long distance runner again and riding 10 miles is easy. I was riding 20 mile rides twice a week but I felt 2 hours was to much time to spend playing when there is work to be done. I do a little lifting to stay in shape but not a lot due to shoulder injuries. Took a couple bad falls. Was told I'd be handicapped for life but still recovering. Good luck and yes by all means. Take care of yourself.

One morning, I had sore muscles from doing something and was quite grumpy. I wandered down into the brush and found the crew consisted of one guy who I suspect was about ten years older than me, and he was one of the bosses. They were short handed. He was pulling line and looked like he was going to have a heart attack. I felt sorry and helped him pull line. Next thing I knew, I was setting chokers and felt much better. By lunch, the sore muscles were gone and I think all the stretching and upside downing, and hands and kneeing to get chokers around logs worked like yoga. It was cathartic and I also got physics lessons like "hook that choker around here and it'll bounce the log off there and head right up the hill."

Those guys know what they do.

Latest posts

Back