Dolmar 5105 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webevan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need help,

Tryna fix an old dolmar up. She keeps flooding on me.

Rebuilt carb but shoulda replaced everything with a kit, i reused diaphragms etc.

It fired up, yet it floods every time after dryin her out.

I adjusted idler screw back in and then 1.5 turns out, adjusted around but still wont fire.

Brand new plug, decent compression, piston no scored, could use new fuel filter, but im thinking its needing a carb rebuild with all new gear.

Before i tear it apart, anyone have suggestions?

Anyone know where idler screw should be? How many turns out?

Best diaphragm kit?

Would i need to mess with adjusting high and low carb splines? (Havent touched them)

Best place to track down dolmar mechanics?

Thank you very much for any help!!

Attachments

• 6A0D2F34-8627-40B1-BF0E-5F2EC431DACF.jpeg
    6A0D2F34-8627-40B1-BF0E-5F2EC431DACF.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 25DCFB06-7283-4C77-9DEB-366FB64A5FB5.jpeg
    25DCFB06-7283-4C77-9DEB-366FB64A5FB5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 4BB392ED-B486-4FB4-9EA0-DA73F067C87A.jpeg
    4BB392ED-B486-4FB4-9EA0-DA73F067C87A.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 33
  • D56E850C-B505-4B5E-80E9-07FB3F21D52C.jpeg
    D56E850C-B505-4B5E-80E9-07FB3F21D52C.jpeg
    592.9 KB · Views: 33
Ain't no biggy.hold the arm with one finger and take the screw out.lightly lift up on it.hang the new needle on the arm set the spring in standing up and gently set the arm and needle in with the arm on top of the spring.hold it with your finger and put the screw in.sometimes takes a couple trys cause the spring wants to fall over.i usually try to use something to keep the carb level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you so much

Why cant the gaskets and diaphrams be used?

It doesnt seem like this idler adjustment opens or closes anything...

How does it work?

Is there a specific place to adjust that screw to? 1.5 turns out?

Thanks again

So technically its not rebuilt unless you put new stuff in, got it.

Thank you very much that is the best price and fastest shipping ive seen.

Itll stumble if im lucky, i had her running just for 20 seconds after i “rebuilt” everything lol.

It ran normally for 10 secs then died. Then ran about 5 secs at scary high idle, died then another 5 seconds very high idle. Now keeps flooding without more than 2 pulls on choke.

Gonna order that kit thank you, ill get this thing running or die

Pay close attention to the order the diaphragms and gaskets are in. Make sure your metering lever is set right. Take everything apart and spray carb cleaner through every passage you see. Lightly seat the L and H screws, then take them out 1 1/2 turns. Turn the idle screw in until it is opening up the throttle plate a good amount. It won't hurt anything if it races at idle because of this, you can always back it off once you get it running. Once you're sure everything is good with the carb please update the thread with results. We love the follow up.

Awesome thank you for the great advice

The idler screw seems like it isnt moving anything, not in contact with anything

Notice the taper at the end of it. Keep turning it in and it will contact the bottom of the throttle lever and engage it.

How do you know it is flooding? A flooding saw does not race. You dove into the deep end of the pool without knowing how to swim. Why did you take the carburetor apart to begin with? The more things you mess with the more difficult it will be to fix it because you will have caused other problems. Find a member near you that can show you some things. You are a blind man stumbling around in the dark. Mike

How do you know it is flooding? A flooding saw does not race. You dove into the deep end of the pool without knowing how to swim. Why did you take the carburetor apart to begin with? The more things you mess with the more difficult it will be to fix it because you will have caused other problems. Find a member near you that can show you some things. You are a blind man stumbling around in the dark. Mike
Well I guess he should have just joined and looked for someone on here close and got taught [emoji23] don't ask any questions.makes no sence.thats not how I learned.you learn from trying.honestly if he wants to take his saw apart he can.its his[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

well its my saw and Ill do whatever i damn well please with it.

I have learned many times how to do stuff on my own without anyone holding my hand.

lots of helpful comments guys I appreciate that, only a matter of time before mike came along to troll.

Mike's not trolling. He's been on here 18 years and worked on saws since 1986. I like to think this is kind of a man's site. Not that woman aren't welcome too. If you need help, all well and good. If you need someone to hand you a tissue well maybe crybaby.com is better. I have helped hundreds get their problems fixed but need information first.

Back