Dolmar 5105 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something ain't right right here

View attachment 743545

The throttle cable shouldn't be cutting into the idle screw mount. Use a smaller hammer next time :D
Those pics weren't there earlier, or I didn't wait for them to load. Guess we know why she flooded and raced at idle:laugh:. At least we got DDave a sale...

Those pics weren't there earlier, or I didn't wait for them to load. Guess we know why she flooded and raced at idle:laugh:. At least we got DDave a sale...
Lol.
It might be the plastic cam on the throttle shaft is worn out and the cable cut down through it

Lol.
It might be the plastic cam on the throttle shaft is worn out and the cable cut down through it
Maybe, if the plastics have all been replaced. That bulge on the wrap above the big gawdy "Dolmar" turns black after the first dozen times you roll it over to fuel it. Kinda like the gray Husky clutch cover. Looks like it's routed wrong.

Couple pics of correct throttle cable routing. Last pic is with throttle wide open, others are throttle closed.
a1e22a69f0d4d5e745b4220b26ca4812.jpg
6ff5c6190f0f405db052a12a0cc98e57.jpg
1ff0f3f3c49ce3827b26c0a273773976.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Looks like maybe the filter elbow is broken where that cable guide attaches? Too bad Mike probably won't be back to see that ****, he'd get a laugh.

I think the idle screw wasn't lined up in its hole when the air filter elbow screws got sent home. Or maybe something was under the idle screw when they got tightened.

Either way, that's a lot of throttle action to wear the cable into it
I'm sure you've ran into enough stuff that got ham handedly put together(maybe even in a box from me) to know that trying to figure out how these guys manage to do this stuff is pure guessinosis. On-line I suspect we only get the full story part of the time. I wish people were more honest and not as easily hurt in the butt.

No way did that cable cut into that, look how metal is rolled over on top of cable. Worn in would just be a nice cable cut, that is ragged. Heavy handed Luke worked on that saw. :crazy2:

I would post a video of it running,

The cable never cut into anything it was just a lil bent.

New carb kit did it.

Plus its kinda a ***** to start.

the half throttle has gotta be engaged for every restart.

It wont start on anything but 1/2 throttle.

It wont even rumble at all on choke.

In the freaking manual the whole time...

Idler screw is best set around 4 turns out, that also screwed me up.

Tganks for all the help.

Lmao

*edit*

I was laughing at your comment last page how it’s your saw and you will do what you please with it .

True that!!!

Back