Hello Wood Ticks and Hirt Wankers!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
C1840A0C-9474-47A3-AF05-DAEBB9EDBC75.jpeg Hello in there, it’s John here, the famous timber tramp!
Anyway, just scored this 1962 201 Timber Jack.
Does anyone know much about them?
Would be nice to find a shop manual.
Deere bought out TJ a few years ago.
Thread was supposed to read Hort Wankers.
Could a mod smarten it up for me?
Thanks

View attachment 743392 Hello in there, it’s John here, the famous timber tramp!
Anyway, just scored this 1962 201 Timber Jack.
Does anyone know much about them?
Would be nice to find a shop manual.
Deere bought out TJ a few years ago.
Thread was supposed to read Hort Wankers.
Could a mod smarten it up for me?
Thanks
Welcome back fellow hirter

Destroit Engines (cummins, Duetz options as well), Gearamatic or Allied winches, Rockwell axles, Clark Trans, parts widely available for everything on it.

Steers with a stick... sometimes... only one bail out door so be careful

Bullet proof if the motor is strong, slow but go anywhere and pull anything.

Prefer my johnny deere,

Sounds like we are still alive, so we must be doing something right! Life seems to cling to some very improbable surfaces.
Not sure about the dozer blade, but may have been modified for snow removal. I got it for a song and a dance. 4 cyl ford diesel.

I think the song was John Fogerty’s I’m a Rambunctious Boy and the dance was Moody Blues Once Upon a Time.
Anyway the block is blown on 201 so looking for a motor.
Meanwhile the trees seem to walking out of the bush all by themselves for some unknown reason.
The days are 22 hrs of light here now.
Stay small, keep it all!
Now We’re Loggin!

Sounds like we are still alive, so we must be doing something right! Life seems to cling to some very improbable surfaces.
Not sure about the dozer blade, but may have been modified for snow removal. I got it for a song and a dance. 4 cyl ford diesel.
British ford diesel then, parts are scarce, maybe a perkins out of an old ferd ranger might fit? really though a 3-53 or 4-53 destroit will likely bolt right up.

ED23B606-9B56-43CF-AFEE-5A708D60F984.png Thanks for the info, I have a line on a 4 cylinder Ford, if not my next choice would be the Perkins.
Not mine but I like this TJ 230. It belongs to my hired help’s father in Quebec

Latest posts

Back