"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This all is officially my best roadside, free dollar, score. I stopped for the chainsaw (McCulloch Pro Mac 55) and the pellet gun trap and the gentleman asks me if I want a power washer too. While he's retrieving that his lovely wife asks me if I'd like a trailer too! The PM55 appears complete, and has good compression, but needs at least a muffler as it is rusted out, and some work on the recoil. The power washer runs, but doesn't make pressure, so the pump needs to be rebuilt or replaced presumably. The trailer had a busted sheet of safety glass I needed to clean out, but it otherwise perfectly serviceable. What a score!

0617191948.jpg

Oh, and to top it all off, the next day I was at the transfer station. I threw an old wheel in the metal pile and gave everything a quick looking over for any goodies. I saw a few interesting items, but nothing I was willing to get yelled at for taking (by the dump folks, nor my wife). LOL. I got in my truck and then took one last look at the pile in my mirror and I noticed the color orange peeking out from under an old grill. I jump out and saved this beauty from a sad end. It has compression, but that's as far as I've gotten in the diagnostics, so we'll see. This is my first top-handle saw.

0621190022.jpg
0621190022a.jpg
0621190022_HDR.jpg

This all is officially my best roadside, free dollar, score. I stopped for the chainsaw (McCulloch Pro Mac 55) and the pellet gun trap and the gentleman asks me if I want a power washer too. While he's retrieving that his lovely wife asks me if I'd like a trailer too! The PM55 appears complete, and has good compression, but needs at least a muffler as it is rusted out, and some work on the recoil. The power washer runs, but doesn't make pressure, so the pump needs to be rebuilt or replaced presumably. The trailer had a busted sheet of safety glass I needed to clean out, but it otherwise perfectly serviceable. What a score!

View attachment 743667
Haha you suck!

IMG_20190616_163141.jpg IMG_20190616_190752.jpg IMG_20190616_193859.jpg

064AV found locally on Facebook $200
Original owner, operators manual included, as well as 5 ripping chains.
Has been run with somekind of ****** bar oil, so the oiler had siezed - destroying the worm gear.
Got the oil pump and lines freed up, and a worm gear ($10) on order.
Ordered some other stuff as; bucking spikes, elastostart handle, clutch springs and a 25" b/c.

Got the missing pts...still waiting for pawl springs to arrive... cleaned what seemed like 2# of crud out of the insides, repaired the muffler...none available for replacement... disassembled the chain brake, cleaned and it works perfectly just looks fugly.
Rebuilt the carb...was a mess...replaced fuel lines, nos air filter. P/C are pristine...amazing, so didn't do anything there. Got new 14" bar and chain...was just the powerhead...
Should get it running by end of the week.
$5 plus all the parts so under $100 total
It lives!!
Took a little coaxing to get going but idles great, runs smooth at wot. With the MM it is a tad loud

Compression at 180 so I think the rings are ok :p

Attachments

• IMG_20190628_004836096_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190628_004836096_HDR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20190628_005155403.jpg
    IMG_20190628_005155403.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20190628_005212695.jpg
    IMG_20190628_005212695.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
View attachment 699872 I located these about 2 weeks ago but wasn't excited because they were about 35 miles away. I happened to be going close by Friday and the guy met me and I got both of them for $50. I know they're clamshells and I bought without much inspection but they were covered in grit like they'vebeen sitting in a shop for awhile. The 039 has a nice bar and like new Stihl chain but the filter cover was off and the filter missing. I dumped the gas and added new gas and to my surprise it started right up but didnt run well. I adjusted the carb to factory settings and it screams. I have a filter ordered and I'll try it in wood when it arrives.
The 180 didn't have gas so I put new gas and it fired but wouldn't accelerate properly so I cleaned the carb and installed a kit and it runs good. I sharpened the chain and I'm going to try it out later today.
I'm hoping for an easy flip or trade bait.
Both for $50? You can keep that dreaded 180c but the o39? They go for hundreds here as long as they work. I just serviced one & gave her a tune so it revs nice %& strong but yeah, the Clamshell plastic sectioning is a joke as I prefer to remove pull start cover & clean out when servicing but, not doing that with these. The infamous nylon oiler worms & hassle with dismantling handle to get to anything on these really sux. Not much better working on the Jonny 2036/40 series with their ridiculous carb/throttle set up that makes replacing carbs a small nightmare.... Sorry for long winded response :oops:

Picked this ol' beauty up a few months back for $140 with near new Bar & Chain. Owned by an older guy who had it sitting idle for few months with stale fuel (not too bad though) in. Bit of history behind her: was used as a spare saw for Forestry Dept long ago & was retired in good nic to this guy who used it now & then. I broke the pull start cord on initial test & Muffler was dented but got a NOS part for cheap enough. Revs up & cuts well with just a good service & flush. Dying to really test it out though. Shame it only has the smaller 17" bar. Would've liked the 21"...

IMG20190618205834.jpg

IMG20190618205903.jpg

Worked on this recently & managed to get it revving ok without carb tear down. Poor thing had almost succumbed to old stale fuel syndrome. Had a 26" Bar on...

IMG20190618205936.jpg

Scored this in Dec odd of 2018. Don't have a price as it was purchased along with the Stihl as a package sale with much equipment from an ex-mechanic. $15-$20 ea? Starts & runs but dies (I think lol, been a while since) & I need to have a proper look @ it but comp seems ok...

IMG20190629103448.jpg

A little Gem I picked up Dec? 2018. Just needing a clutch cover. Runs & revs really well & have a bar & chain off an 011 when I find a cover

IMG20190629105903.jpg

Picked this ol' beauty up a few months back. Owned by an older guy who had it sitting idle for few months with stale fuel (not too bad though) in. Bit of history behind her: was used as a spare saw for Forestry Dept long ago & was retired in good nic to this guy who used it now & then. I broke the pull start cord on initial test & Muffler was dented but got a NOS part for cheap enough. Revs up & cuts well with just a good service & flush. Dying to really test it out though. Shame it only has the smaller 17" bar. Would've liked the 21"...

View attachment 743884

View attachment 743885

Worked on this recently & managed to get it revving ok without carb tear down. Poor thing had almost succumbed to old stale fuel syndrome. Had a 26" Bar on...

View attachment 743887

Scored this in Dec odd of 2018. It starts & runs but dies (I think lol, been a while since) & I need to have a proper look @ it but comp seems ok...

View attachment 743899

A little Gem I picked up Dec? 2018. Just needing a clutch cover. Runs & revs really well & have a bar & chain off an 011 when I find a cover

View attachment 743913
Ah prices?

Ah prices?
Opps, my bad.
The 08s I picked up for $140 with near new bar & chain.
The Dolmar 116 & Stihl 020 I picked up for nics as one of a dozen or so of saws in various condition from a few bundle buy outs (Mechanic retiring sold all his gear to me along with mowers/Trimmers etc) so, don't have solid pricing. Probably amounted to $15-$20 each for those 2? I'll edit original post cheers...

They said I wouldn't find one. But lo and behold. Got me a complete running Jred 111S with a wrap handle. Just arrived in the mail today. $300+shipping. I couldn't be happier. Clean it up and it will fit nicely into my collection.

Attachments

• line_1561783788388.jpg
    line_1561783788388.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 39
Not yet. Got tangled up rebuilding my mower deck on the John Deere. Hopefully I can spend some time in the shop tmo with her. Have a bar that will fit and a good size chunk of maple to rip through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back