Silliest saw setup ever?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butters_mcfeely

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm always browsing Craigslist for good deals. I think this is the silliest saw setup I've ever seen. A 24" on a Jonsered 2050.... For $350!!!!

I recognize that the ad here says it 20" bar, but it's listed on facebook marketplace also as a 24" and that appears to be what it is to me....

What's the silliest saw setup you've seen?

Jonsered 2050 with 25in bar.JPG

Apologies. I just edited and now I see you commented before I finished editing. I recognize that the ad here says it 20" bar, but it's listed on facebook marketplace also as a 24" and that appears to be what it is to me....

I dunno, some of the beam cutters look pretty funny, and then there are the angled fireman's saws as well.

Guys who run 660s with 20" bars to cut 15" wood and then make videos of how good they cut. Well durr it cuts good thats a big saw cutting small wood!!!!!

Now if its just purely for fun I understand, but to actually use that setup for firewood duty :dizzy:

I'll admit that I'm guilty of using such a setup. I've used both a ported 660 and a ported 395xp with 20" bars and 8 pin rims for firewood duty. When you've got a lot of hardwood in the 18-24" range, it's a quick way to get business taken care of!

I'll admit that I'm guilty of using such a setup. I've used both a ported 660 and a ported 395xp with 20" bars and 8 pin rims for firewood duty. When you've got a lot of hardwood in the 18-24" range, it's a quick way to get business taken care of!

Whatever floats your boat.

That’s what my 2100’s are for. There waiting in the wings saying put me in coach, when I was cutting, soon they will cut again.

I'm always browsing Craigslist for good deals. I think this is the silliest saw setup I've ever seen. A 24" on a Jonsered 2050.... For $350!!!!

I recognize that the ad here says it 20" bar, but it's listed on facebook marketplace also as a 24" and that appears to be what it is to me....

What's the silliest saw setup you've seen?

View attachment 743671

I saw this ad and was more amazed at how much they want for it. I do have a 2150 that I run a 20" bar with 3/8 050 chain on and it handles it just fine. But I only use it for smaller firewood. I run my spiced up 2166 for the bigger wood.

Apologies. I just edited and now I see you commented before I finished editing. I recognize that the ad here says it 20" bar, but it's listed on facebook marketplace also as a 24" and that appears to be what it is to me....
Yea I was gonna say that is def bigger than 20” holy moly!
My 550 sometimes hangs up with the 18” lol

The silliest one I've seen is a 20 inch bar + safety chain on my 048. I bet it was a ripper with that setup, but it's getting the 28 inch b and c off my 361 as soon as I finish rebuilding it.

Not many things left that require a bar like this
1da6c5d0a8850b1139089ed680e9f893.jpg

The silliest one I've seen is a 20 inch bar + safety chain on my 048. I bet it was a ripper with that setup, but it's getting the 28 inch b and c off my 361 as soon as I finish rebuilding it.

That’s not that bad really. 76cc saw. I’m sure plenty of guys run short bars on 461s. But 20” is a little short for any decent sized saw.

Back