Species identification?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briar012

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've got a side job clearing a field, and I've been taking all my brush to our local brush dump. When I got there I seen a lot of wood, very BIG WOOD all in one pile. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
(I'm guessing silver maple but I'm not sure. I'm nowhere near good at tree identification when all I have to go by is bark).

The man that works there said I can take some home so I was just making sure it will be worth it to sell as firewood.

Thanks guys that's what I figured it was. Hopefully I can get everything loaded into the truck. There's logs 3x the size as the one my hand was on

start sawin & hawin. not great firewood(burns fast) but good to mix some in with other hardwoods. good for selling as camp fire wood. dries pretty fast when C/S/S. Can't beat free.

Well I hauled more to the dump today and the guy said I could have whatever I wanted so I was stoked. While I was unloading my trailer a brush truck (fire truck) with a trailer pulled down and started loading the maple and a few pieces of oak up. I went and conversed with the three firefighters. They said they get the good wood out to sell as fire wood to help pay for food, video games and whatever else they need at the FD that the city won't buy them. They said I could have some but i couldn't bring my self to take any so I helped them load some of the bigger pieces instead.

Thanks guys. I love this site. Another person said it is avacado. Just wanted to get your thoughts on that too.

Latest posts

Back