What's with Craftsman?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old2stroke

Never too many toys
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Now that Sears is history, it seems that their Craftsman tools division has formed it's own company with an impressive line of power tools, or is it another firm that has adopted the name? The chainsaws look like they might be Zenoah, what about the trimmers and blowers. I'm thinking Poulan.

Now that Sears is history, it seems that their Craftsman tools division has formed it's own company with an impressive line of power tools, or is it another firm that has adopted the name? The chainsaws look like they might be Zenoah, what about the trimmers and blowers. I'm thinking Poulan.

Isnt Craftsman power products made by AYP(American yard products)?
On a side note my local Lowes now stock Craftsman tools, just bought some new wrench sets and its great quality/fit n finish for the $$

My understanding is that they 'used to be" rebadged Poulans, but the 42cc that I purchased last month is an MTD.

Craftsman was Sears tool line,,, I have Poulan and Roper badged chainsaws, not sure who's power/outdoor tools they badge now a days... I see the Craftsman tool line in Lowes here also,, wondering how they treat the old Sears Craftsman lifetime tool warranty?

We see them all over the place, I believe the 917 model numbers are MTD, and then others are AYP. Seems like the AYP models start with a 3 but I can't remember for sure. Usually Searspartsdirect will give you part #s based on your model and from there it's obvious by the format which is AYP & which is More Trips to the Dumpster. :laughing:

Craftsman was Sears tool line,,, I have Poulan and Roper badged chainsaws, not sure who's power/outdoor tools they badge now a days... I see the Craftsman tool line in Lowes here also,, wondering how they treat the old Sears Craftsman lifetime tool warranty?
Already tried that. I took a ratchet into lowes that was 25 years old and was told, "oh, we don't have one like that".

Already tried that. I took a ratchet into lowes that was 25 years old and was told, "oh, we don't have one like that".

That's Craftsman guarantee though, not Lowe's. Seems to me it should transcend the vendor... I'd call Craftsman up and see what they say.

That's Craftsman guarantee though, not Lowe's. Seems to me it should transcend the vendor... I'd call Craftsman up and see what they say.
Might try it sometime. I took the old ratchet apart, cleaned the gunk out of it and lubed it up and it's back to working for a while.
Wouldn't trade it for a dozen of their new Chinese ratchets anyway.

I had an old socket set that I broke one of em getting a lawnmower blade off. Took it to my local Lowes and they replaced it no questions asked. I guess it all depends on the store.

I had an old socket set that I broke one of em getting a lawnmower blade off. Took it to my local Lowes and they replaced it no questions asked. I guess it all depends on the store.

I've taken Kobalt tools to Lowe's and had them replaced. Had a 1/4" driver that the little bearing that holds the socket in place wasn't holding anything -- guy tried to tell me I got it out of a kit, I didn't, but they did replace it for me.

Any craftsman tool that says made in USA is warrentied. The others I’m not sure.

I purchased both my sons tool sets. Craftsman on eBay.

To have in your truck tool sets there’s new Napa wrenches and Stanley socket sets cheap eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NAPA-7-PC-...n-Combination-Wrench-Set-METRIC-/113223966157

https://www.ebay.com/c/1064282333

I been buying s&k tools on eBay and putting together socket sets in there green boxes inch & metric for my big tool set. I gave the sons s&k tools too.

Iemailed snapon about a cracked dead blow hammer and got no response for a week now. Everytime I break a snapon tool I get the same response nothing. Never buy snapon tools.

I had a new set of sk wrenches the chrome chipped they sent me a brand new set of there pro wrenches. Thanks sk.

Haven't had a problem getting Snap-on tools replaced. Stanley owns the hand tools of crapsmean. There's a Sears store near me that still shows the real Craftsman hand tools. Got to get by there to get another 1/4 ratchet rebuilt or replaced. Dislike the quick release on them, spring gets weak and ball won't hold.

Steve

Back