Appears the rain gods have slowed here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Appears the rain gods have slowed here but the rest have built a fire. Dang 80F is just to hot for man or beast to get any work done. Even the humidity is thru the roof.

Isn't even ideal wood drying weather due to the humidity at 80 plus percent.

A dark colored steel building might just be the ticket to dry wood with a dehumidfyer in it.

:D Al

Yeah, nothing like the torrential rains of last summer and the river finally cleared up.
We're in the 90's here but still manage to cut a day here and there but not for long.

Been hot all this week. Yesterday got to almost 90*, today supposed to be hotter. Not even 2 weeks ago we had a fire going in the stove.

Been sweating so much that I noticed my wallet had mildew in it from getting wet with sweat and not fully drying out.

I'm plenty fine with highs in the 40s-50s.
Most summers the highs might be toward the upper 70s for a few days at most.

This spring and early summer so far has been the complete opposite of last year, quite dry with minimal rain. About as hot, though the humidity hasn't been completely unbearable.... yet...

Been doing some sawing and chopping, got a big black locust and a moderately large shagbark hickory to take down in a few weeks. The rest of the ash and dead along my fence line will wait until autumn when it cools down, besides, I've got nowhere what to stack split wood, so a log pile it must.

Back