Homelite 360 metering lever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt93eg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone happens to know where I can get a Homelite 360 Walbro HDC metering lever? I cannot find any kits online that include the metering lever. Found one but it’s discontinued.

I did find a used HDC carb on eBay but I hate to pay $34 for it when all I need currently is the metering lever.

Long story short I acquired a Homelite 360. Had not been ran in years but surprisingly had the tank drained when it was put away. It ran but not good so I ordered a carb kit just to freshen that up and see where that got me. During the carb kit install I let the metering lever spring fly out of my hands and went somewhere in my garage(DOH!!!). I had a spring from another style walbro carb. It looked the same so I put that in.

Now it fires, stalls, and floods. Plug will be soaked. Took carb back apart and metering lever was higher than the mating surface of the carb so I went to bend it down a tad and broke it. Things have not went my way on this saw thus far.

So that leaves me needing a metering lever. If anyone has a kit with one they would be willing to sell or knows where I can get one let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Would like to get the ole girl going without to much money.

It's a circuit plate, not a single lever.
10d8d9f1ded003ed654274bc7176424b.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I see the plate under part #HM-93205A on partswarehouse. Says I have to contact them to order so I will see what they say.

That’s an expensive error to make, but we’ve all done something like that...o_O

You can also call V.E. Peterson in Ohio tomorrow, their toll free phone number is
1-800-537-6212

The Walbro spring is #98-270, & the circuit plate is #157-591. You’ll want both parts, as that spring & plate combo is only used on a few of the HDC models.

That’s an expensive error to make, but we’ve all done something like that...o_O

You can also call V.E. Peterson in Ohio tomorrow, their toll free phone number is
1-800-537-6212

The Walbro spring is #98-270, & the circuit plate is #157-591. You’ll want both parts, as that spring & plate combo is only used on a few of the HDC models.

Yes it was. I think someone had already been in there tweaking on the lever. It didn’t look quite right and broke as if it had already been bent back and forth prior.

Check the intake boot under the carb. That model Homelite was notorious for torn rotten boots. It can cause the same type of problems your describing . You just about have to tear the whole saw down to replace it. I always liked those 360's if they run right and also their big brothers . You couldn't give me a 330 though. In their day a 360 was a top of the line Homelite saw , too bad Homelite went down hill . To me a 360 was a very good design way back when.

Latest posts

Back