sprocket nose rivets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deye223

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
dose any one know where i can get the rivets for sprocket nose bars thanks

sorry that is too long ago,just saw this info,but that is ok.you also use saw?regards lee

Per @Jacob J.. Stihl rivets

They're near to the same size as all the Windsor rivets and work fine on the Windsor three and five rivet tips, as well as the Oregon three rivet and external roller nose tips. The part number is: 0000-974-0503 and they list for $0.33 each. Last time I bought some, I got 7 bags of ten for $3 a bag. They also fit the GB three-rivet tips and

Also McMaster Carr but not sure to Australia

How about using nails as rivets? There soft enough to form rivets then grind or sand them flush.
The biggest problem with either nails or bolts is matching up the diameter and cutting to correct length. It takes some machining and patience. I have made length-cutting jigs with hardwood that I then use to set the length. That works for awhile, but the jigs wear out. New sprocket tips run anywhere from $15 to $20, but now and then they are hard to find. Dealers hate selling sprocket tips to you. They want you to buy a new bar instead.

Back