Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started her up. Still didn't check crank seals. Ran good. Let idle for awhile then checked high speed carb setting to see if it needed adjusting. Need to see how well the auto oiler is doing.

Attachments

• CFB25823-2A3E-4CB9-8C03-80E19E395DC6.jpeg
    CFB25823-2A3E-4CB9-8C03-80E19E395DC6.jpeg
    990.8 KB · Views: 9
What's the easiest/safest way to check the auto oiler? No bar/chain, let her run and just look at the hole to see if it's oiling? I know the manual one pushes oil out. I just feel like I can't ever see the auto oiler working but I go through bar oil so... It's doing something!

Ok then next question, I didn't remove the oil pump all the way the other night as I couldn't get the hose out that has the spring on it. What's that attached to? I was hesitant to put much pressure for fear of breaking it.

Pay shipping, they don't make me pay shipping, and it's in the next day. Sound like saw is idling a little high but that's me. Definitely remove that clutch, unless you rev It Up on the 4th at night on a concrete floor so you can see the pretty sparks fly down the driveway to who knows where and hit who knows what. Disconnect the white pipe's fitting from the pump and the oil pump should come right out. The pickup hose with the spring may be catching on something. May want to dump out the oil cause it's gonna dump out on ya.

Steve Sidwell

Thanks Tim would you guys say 90nz at my door for a new clutch is fair? Found 1 on Ebay.

That would be about $60 USD shipped. Sounds like a decent deal considering what they are going for.
I would have a good look to make sure the drum is still square to the crankshaft so you don't bugger up the new shoes.

Checked the auto oiler. It works. I'll still probably get in the habit of pumping the manual oiler in a long cut to be safe.

I'll dial down the idle some too but left it since I'm still breaking it in basically.

Does the poulan 3700 air filter cover with the holes in it make any noticeable difference vs one without? There's one on eBay for $10. Kicking around getting it but all I see happening is my filter getting dirtier.

Back