You all tried to warn me: Upgraded to a pro-saw - MS362C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nursed my way through the first tank on smaller limbs, nothing more than 8" diameter or so. Then, I put the 25" bar on and got into bucking the big stem pieces of some red oaks for the rest of the day. Used up 4 tanks of gas this afternoon, and made quite the pile of sawdust. Man, this has been a revelation!

I love my 036, 360's, there my go to saw, run 18" 3/8 on them in aussie hardwoods, but if the 362 was a revelation to you, just wait till you run a 661 :) :chainsaw::baba::surprised3::D:D:D:D:D:chop:

I got a 462 about a month ago and have been using it extensively noodling a big oak that I chunk up with my 660. All I can say is, wow! It wears a 25” bar but would run a 28” with no problems. I have a 362 with a 20” but I don’t think it will get much use anymore
d1d8e9d2aa4a2ab3d6864c70e9a8a049.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congats on your new saw nothing like a new saw with more power than your old one.Keeps a guy smiling for a awhile.
If the 362 and the S10 were sitting brand new on the dealers shelf I would take the S10 .The S10 and the 08S were the most reliable long lasting saws ever made.
Back in the day when there large areas of timber left in Northern Ontario
these two saws were the saws of choice by most pulp cutters in the bush camps.

I use a 362 for cutting firewood at work works well has 25” bar skip chain with 8 pin sprocket. Cuts big fir all day long no worries. Not as fast as my 441c and the bosses 461 non mtronic. However his 500i will cut circles around all of them and is the close to the weight of the 362. He said when money is no object he will sell the other saws and buy 2 more 500i’s

Congats on your new saw nothing like a new saw with more power than your old one.Keeps a guy smiling for a awhile.
If the 362 and the S10 were sitting brand new on the dealers shelf I would take the S10 .The S10 and the 08S were the most reliable long lasting saws ever made.
Back in the day when there large areas of timber left in Northern Ontario
these two saws were the saws of choice by most pulp cutters in the bush camps.
Where are you from Kash?

Sigh. I was afraid of that. I do like my wife, though, and consider staying married a plus. I had a permission slip for one saw. Coming home with two would have made life rather difficult!
It's an easy call: If she's not involved in doing the work, she has no experience to make a decision. If she's going to leave you over an honest day's labor well, it's better she leave sooner rather than later.

Congratulations on your upgrade, it's a reasonably priced saw that does a lot of work. I limb with a Kombi also, super fast, easy, safe, no bending...

I am from Kashabowie hence my knick name JNY KASH. 70 miles west of ThunderBay.A very tiny village located on Kashabowie lake.there are 12 or so permenent residents the closest store is 50 miles away in Kakabeka Falls.Just the way I like it.When my parents came here from Wisconsin in 1947 you came in by train only.

Steve here... I just bought a new MS362 last Saturday... Sold my as new MS660 for good money on ebay. It was worth too much to use it.. I didn't feel I needed to spend the extra$$$ on the 462 either... It does look tiny next to my 090av.)
my 2centsIMG_9113.jpeg

Sigh. I was afraid of that. I do like my wife, though, and staying married a plus. I had a permission slip for one saw. Coming home with two would have made life rather difficult!
No problem, She comes with an MS500i, new wife and new saw.

Latest posts

Back