Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the 3400 Poulan branded saws in Canada that I've seen have the 3700 cover, also called a winter cover.
I measured the difference in open area between the rear slot units and the comb on the inside of the standard cover and the difference is small. I would guess that they made that change to try to get less crap into the filter but I can't see any difference in that respect.

Completely off topic but I'm on night 1 of several of my poor livestock dog suffering through fireworks. Had to bring her inside cause she was losing her mind with people shooting them off. My other one could care less. My wife keeps trying to talk me into bringing her in full time. No way. Unless I can use it as leverage to buy me new toys.

Don't think that one will work. Not like she ran over a saw unless you got a junkerd you can put somewhere she would run over it. Just make sure it's clean so she won't get wise to it.

Steve Sidwell

We had one of the machines that cuts tree limbs along power lines come through and she climbed out of her pen and nearly came through my bedroom window trying to get inside to hide from it. She's weird cause chainsaws and gun fire don't seem to faze her. Some things do. She decided around 1 am she was ready to go back outside. :chainsaw:

Tonight she'll probably come in early

Attachments

• 8E3F22E3-EF16-4D65-B7C1-3858974FD7CE.jpeg
    8E3F22E3-EF16-4D65-B7C1-3858974FD7CE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
I have a poulan pro 4218 that's giving me fits. It flooded big time yesterday after it started earlier in the week but just needed the carb adjusted. It flooded so bad I had to dump out the muffler with fuel. I think it's cause I left it in the sun where the fuel pressure from the heat pushed tons of fuel through it. Compression isn't great on it but it should start. I made sure all lines are good today and cleaned everything. Still no start... May buy a cheap carb off of eBay as I'm not convinced the carb doesn't need a rebuild. I'd like to maybe keep this one and throw a 16" bar on vs the 18". It'd be a good loaner saw.

I have a poulan pro 4218 that's giving me fits. It flooded big time yesterday after it started earlier in the week but just needed the carb adjusted. It flooded so bad I had to dump out the muffler with fuel. I think it's cause I left it in the sun where the fuel pressure from the heat pushed tons of fuel through it. Compression isn't great on it but it should start. I made sure all lines are good today and cleaned everything. Still no start... May buy a cheap carb off of eBay as I'm not convinced the carb doesn't need a rebuild. I'd like to maybe keep this one and throw a 16" bar on vs the 18". It'd be a good loaner saw.

If it's pushing fuel through it's very likely your metering needle isn't seating. Could be a bad needle, stuck needle or have crud between the needle and seat. I've taken a few carbs up to 30 psi and the needle didn't pop off.

That would cause starting / running issues.

Had the same problem with my Stihl br340 blower. I pulled the carb and flushed it out real good, reassemble and installed and solved my problem. Figured something wasn't letting the needle seat.

Steve Sidwell

Hmm I'll have to give it a try before I buy a replacement. It was pretty nasty and didn't have a filter when I got it in a package deal

Back