Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get hurt on the job, get workmans comp, stay at home, work on saws. Just don't hurt your back or hands, you can sit and work on a saw, ask me how I know. I've been cutting trim today sitting in a chair, dang back.

Steve Sidwell

Get hurt on the job, get workmans comp, stay at home, work on saws. Just don't hurt your back or hands, you can sit and work on a saw, ask me how I know. I've been cutting trim today sitting in a chair, dang back.

Steve Sidwell
A hurt back is no fun .I’m self employed If I get hurt I can’t draw a check . Disability insurance is sky high so I’m real careful ‘not’ .

Wish I took video or a before and after pictures but cut for about 4-5 hours here in VA today. Had a friend and his daughter come over to help cut and stack. It was hot! Saw ran fantastic after the refresh. Only minor thing I need to do is check the crank seals still. Still think I'm going to buy a bigger saw to deal with these huge pieces I have. I cut one up but it wasn't easy. It'll do it though if I don't pick up something bigger soon.

I did use my poulan 2775 for a few to make sure it was running ok. It gave me fits last time after I shut it off but it ran great when I used it on small stuff. I listed it for sale locally as well as a little poulan 2055 14".

Find you a new unused Wild Thing, do a simple muffler mod, tune it and run with it. Just install a better chain than what comes on them. I truly like mine. Been thinking about asking my dad for the one he has. Been sitting in the case since he bought it years ago from tractor supply, never been fueled or oiled up. Just hope stuff like lines haven't deteriorated or carb diaphragm gotten stiff.

Steve Sidwell

Wish I took video or a before and after pictures but cut for about 4-5 hours here in VA today. Had a friend and his daughter come over to help cut and stack. It was hot! Saw ran fantastic after the refresh. Only minor thing I need to do is check the crank seals still. Still think I'm going to buy a bigger saw to deal with these huge pieces I have. I cut one up but it wasn't easy. It'll do it though if I don't pick up something bigger soon.

I did use my poulan 2775 for a few to make sure it was running ok. It gave me fits last time after I shut it off but it ran great when I used it on small stuff. I listed it for sale locally as well as a little poulan 2055 14".
What's the biggest saw you got?

Steve Sidwell

The craftsman 3.7". Looking at several Husqvarna's in the 70cc variety.

I'd say for about 75% of the trees/wood I have the craftsman is great for. There's the small stuff I'm likely keeping a 40'ish cc saw for with a 16" bar. Then the craftsman has a 20" and I'd like a 28" for this big stuff.

If I get the Stihl 041 fixed I'll put something of the 18" variety on it I think.

I'm looking used only. Don't really care if it's bigger than 70cc but my budget does. I'd consider a Makita 6421 or 6401 and that's really the only smaller saw I'll consider. I'm open to options though

Latest posts

Back