Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shed is moved didn't even mess with the trailer. Another buddy brought his dedicated loader and drove it over blind. A true hold my beer kinda job.

bmo harris hours near me

I read this post and started to laugh . the wife asks what's so funny ?
This afternoon she had called me about a shed fore sale on one of her facebook groups polly 25 miles from home , I explained her the logistics of picking up a shed , hauling it 25 miles and then trying to place it where it should go Lol
Call your buddy and ask how many beer for 25 miles :)

Nice Pics James!
Every part of this property is beautiful. Just sold for 2.1 million. Going to see if the new owners are as friendly as the folks there now but not getting my hopes up. 27 acres to scrounge on would be great 30 seconds from home.

Great views of the Ford indeed!
Doing paperwork tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow pics will have the ford in it.

Just Jeff, this one was just off #6 just before Roxy's so about 15 kms south of Tobermory. They moved a bigger one from the same spot earlier in the day. I think I'm going to at least wear gaiters when I cut trees there. I wear ear muffs so the rattle isn't going to be much warning. My loggers pants might be stiff enough to stop the fangs but if I get bit the shite running down my pants leg will smell bad waiting at the hospital.

Dont bother we have em up here too, kind like black bears, just tell em to piss off and respect there right to there land also, youll be fine.

Or not see it.

When my Dad was in the reserves, to get him ready for WWII, they sent him to VT in the winter and TX in the summer, I can tell you he never returned to either place!

In TX, he said some guy went out to relieve himself in the night and stepped in the wrong place and he did not survive (they must have been mating and he got bit several times). Another guy woke up in the morning to discover one in the sleeping bag with him, but he was very careful and did not get bit.

Damn Im happy to dont have thoses in my area ! It's make me hate mosquitos and black fly a bit less.
We dont have real killer in our woods here in Quebec Canada, black bears are not a big deal. The real killer is the winter cold. Dont want to get stuck 20 miles into the wood without equipment at -30C.

I knew a guy who lived and worked in a small town in the Yukon. said that to venture out in the midst of winter's cold... was a life threatening experience. if... and each and every time. like driving alone on the hiway under such conditions. he always went with a back up vehicle if traveling was necessary. all the sidewalks in town had plug in engine block heaters. not sure what would be worse... crank case oil at -45f... or a pan full of bacon grease at 65f... ;)

We are supposed to have both Copper Heads and Timber Rattlers around here, but I have never seen one in the wild. When my Brother had his house in Garrison, he saw them, but not me.

I have had people warn me there was one ahead on the hiking trail several times, but they are always gone when I get there.

I think I have only seen Garter Snakes, Ring Neck Snakes, Water Snakes, Corn Snakes, Black Racers and Black Rat Snakes. Also, once when I was in Scouts we was a Green Snake.

The Racer's and Rat Snakes can get 6+ feet. The Racer's are often not afraid of you, and almost seem friendly. Not so with the Rat Snakes and Water Snakes, very bad dispositions!

MM is right! rat snakes can get long. I have seen them. lil loch ness monsters...

A guy I work with got bit by a 4' timber rattler. We have a couple of spots here were there are quite a few of them. He is a snake lover and would relocate them when the town gets a call. They are protected here. Anyway it almost killed him and after a couple weeks in the hospital his arm is still in bad shape. I didn't see it but I was told his hole arm turned black and he lost a bunch of movement in his hand.

venom in the system is really bad stuff! some worse that others, but in any event... usually not welcomed!

I could post up an image or two, but they are all quite graphic! so... should any pix be desired, just google it... :eek:

Back