Best of Worse Choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lyngdal

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
In France one can't purchase ethanol free automobile fuel, leaving 110LL ethanol free aviation fuel or 10% ethanol road fuel for feeding the chainsaws. There are known issues with both, so I'm poising the question as to the best path to take.

Can you not buy the pre mix ethanol free gas in cans? I use standard pump gas here then have several cans of the pre mix stuff tha I use when I know I may not use stuff for awhile afterwards.

Do you mean 100LL?

It tunes a little different but stores great I mix a batch w/good oil then put in metal 1-gal/4-L coleman fuel cans. All I have used in 2-strokes if I can't get non-corn fuel.

In a cool place 2 years it is good as fresh. It does have lead, don't wash with it.

E10? Use it within a month. E10 has made me rebuild carbs that were fine for 60 years, until.....

I’d run the AV gas. I’d bet it’s better to breathe the lead than the stress that Ethanol issues would cause on your body.

Latest posts

Back